Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

When can LO sleep with...

A blanket? We are on vacation where it is cold at night. Since I live where it was 107 today I haven't thought about it.

Re: When can LO sleep with...

• Options
    I asked the pediatrician we saw last week (not our usual) and he said not until age two!!! This seems a bit conservative for me, but he said to just but on heavier pajamas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageEmergencyNP:
    I asked the pediatrician we saw last week (not our usual) and he said not until age two!!! This seems a bit conservative for me, but he said to just but on heavier pajamas.

Our pedi said the same thing. She said before 2 just use blanket sleepers (like the fleece footie kind).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I may be in the minority but DD has been sleeping with a crochet blanket for two months. The blanket has very big holes in it and she moves around so much I'm not worried about it. It has never been up around her face, but if it were she would be able to breathe. I think it is whenever you are comfortable.
  • Options
    I have always put a blanket on DS.  It is crocheted but I have never had a problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejkfranklin:
    I have always put a blanket on DS.  It is crocheted but I have never had a problem.

Us too. Since he went into his crib at 10 weeks old.  

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    use a sleep sack---  they'll kick off blankets
  • Options
    My friends DD sleeps with a crochet blanket around her head since she was like 2 months! It's her comfort blanket and since it has these huge holes in it my friend isn't worried at all. Personally though DD has the wearable blankets since we live in MI where in winter it has been known to drop below 0. The makers of the Breathable Bumper are about to introduce a really nice wearable blanket.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've put a blanket on DS since he was born. He wakes up too easy without one.

He hasn't had any issues.

• Options

DD has been sleeping with a blanket for the last couple of months. Once she could roll over, I started doing it. She loves it. If it gets near her face, she pulls it away on her own, and she loves to bunch it up with her hands. It actually helps her soothe herself to sleep.

Plus, DD hates clothes. Hates them. If I put her in anything heavier than a onesie at night, she hardly sleeps. 

• Options

in the winter we used a sleep sack, and pjs with feet--the combo kept her warm. 

i have just started to let DD sleep with the adan + anais little security blankies--they are for soothing, not to keep her warm.  but i know they also make bigger blankets, and they are muslin so they are breathable.  maybe you could look into something like that.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    LO has had a blanket since in her own crib at 3 months, I know your not suppose too, but it's cold here.
  • Options
    Mine has been sleeping with an aden and anais blanket for about three months now. It is muslin and very breathable, so I feel comfortable with it in there with him. If he needed something heavier I would probably do a sleep sack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"