January 2011 Moms

Score!!

Our local baby store had a Warehouse sale today. DH and I went down and found a Teutonia stroller for $575! The regular cost would have been close to $1100. I am so in love with this stroller! It came with the infant seat, adapter, and a bunch of accessories. I'm also excited because it's one of those strollers that has just the frame and you add the seats to it. It came with the infant seat and the regular seat. The frame is lightweight and it will be easy for me to pop the infant seat into it. DH has been playing with it for the last hour and is also excited about it. It was a little more than we wanted to spend, but we figured the BOB Revolution we had our eye on was $390, plus $150 or so for an infant seat and another $60 to get the adapter, and this came with all that and so much more stuff. The saleslady at the warehouse kept saying she couldn't believe this stroller wasn't snatched up. Aparently the store no longer carried the color we bought, so they basically added the frame to it (which costs $500 alone) to it to get it to sell.

Re: Score!!

• Wow.  That looks like a really nice stroller.  We are planning on a BOB too.  I love getting good deals.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • imageizzourclue:
    Wow.  That looks like a really nice stroller.  We are planning on a BOB too.  I love getting good deals.

Hopefully you are getting it at REI? I heard they are supposed to go on sale Labor Day weekend as a heads up. DH and I were waiting to buy it there because they have a Norstrom style return policy.

• imagestbmittleman:

imageizzourclue:
    Wow.  That looks like a really nice stroller.  We are planning on a BOB too.  I love getting good deals.

Hopefully you are getting it at REI? I heard they are supposed to go on sale Labor Day weekend as a heads up. DH and I were waiting to buy it there because they have a Norstrom style return policy.

This is good to know.
  • imagestbmittleman:

imageizzourclue:

If you're a member, you can return anything pretty much at any time for any reason.  I think a lifetime membership is like $30 and then you get annual dividends on what you spend and a 20% off anything coupon once a year.

In Seattle, the joke is that REI stands for Return Every Item. 

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's amazing!  And I love the colour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagestbmittleman:

imageizzourclue:

We are planning on getting it at REI.   We are members and I have been obsessively watching the sales.  Good to know about the labor day sale.  I will definitely plan on checking it out.  That would be a good time to purchase it too. 

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • LOVE it... and I'm so jealous of your bargain! We have a similar high-end stroller for Lyla and never regretted spending the money, since we used it so often and really appreciated all of its bells and whistles... but half-price would have been nice! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"