1st Trimester
Options

The Stress is Consuming Me :(

My first pregnancy ended with a missed miscarriage (no heartbeat found at my first appt at 10 weeks). I am so worried that it is happening again. When I first found out I was pregnant, I had every pregnancy symptom in the book, including feeling pretty sick. However in the last couple weeks my symptoms have been coming and going. The last few days I have barely felt sick. I have been having a lot of cramping the past 2 days, but no spotting. I understand that symptoms can come and go, but I just have such a bad feeling. My first appt is on Tuesday. I just so afraid I'm going to drive myself crazy before then. I don't know how I'll get through another miscarriage, especially this far into pregnancy again.

There is no real point to this post, I just had to put it out there.

Re: The Stress is Consuming Me :(

• Options
    Try not to worry - I know easier said than done.  But it REALLY doesn't do anyone any good.  Distract yourself and Tuesday will be here.  Chances are, you'll see a beautiful budding baby with a strong heartbeat.  T&P for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options

imageCutieBean79:
    Try not to worry - I know easier said than done.  But it REALLY doesn't do anyone any good.  Distract yourself and Tuesday will be here.  Chances are, you'll see a beautiful budding baby with a strong heartbeat.  T&P for you.

Thank you :) I hope you're right!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I unfortunetly am in the same bpat as you and know exactly how you feel.  We had a missed miscarriage back in April.  We went in at 15 weeks to hear the heart beat and there was none.  I had no cramping, bleeding, spotting, anything.  The baby only measured 10-12 weeks per the doctor after I had a D&C.  SO I went possibly 5 weeks without even knowing.

I wish you the best, I know it can be stressful waiting for your appt.  I would suggest that you get a doppler that you can use around 10-12 weeks to hear the heartbeat on your own.  At least until you can feel movement on a regular basis.  I just bought one on ebay for $30, you can find them for $30-60.  I know it will help ease my worries once I can use it.

In the meantime, take care, and try not to stress too much.  Good luck!

BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    imagedorothy&gail:

I unfortunetly am in the same bpat as you and know exactly how you feel.  We had a missed miscarriage back in April.  We went in at 15 weeks to hear the heart beat and there was none.  I had no cramping, bleeding, spotting, anything.  The baby only measured 10-12 weeks per the doctor after I had a D&C.  SO I went possibly 5 weeks without even knowing.

I wish you the best, I know it can be stressful waiting for your appt.  I would suggest that you get a doppler that you can use around 10-12 weeks to hear the heartbeat on your own.  At least until you can feel movement on a regular basis.  I just bought one on ebay for $30, you can find them for $30-60.  I know it will help ease my worries once I can use it.

In the meantime, take care, and try not to stress too much.  Good luck!

Thanks! I definitely think having had a prior missed m/c makes my paranoia that much worse.

As long as everything goes well on Tuesday, I think I will rent or buy a doppler.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

• Options
    My first pregnancy ended in a missed m/c, too.  It was heartbreaking, and I was a basket case during the entire first tri with DD.  I'm trying to be more relaxed this time around.  It's hard, but I feel like I robbed myself of the enjoyment of the first half of my pregnancy with DD because I was so worried.  I hope that everything goes well at your appointment, and at least Tuesday isn't too far away :)
  • Options

I understand completely. I had a missed m/c in April and had to have a D&C. I am pg again. I am about 6 weeks. I had my 1st appt with the doc on this past Thursday. I was luck enough to see the gestational sac, yolk sac, and the beginnings of the heartbeat. We didnt get that far last time and I'm petrified that when I go back to the doc on the 10th, that heartbeat isn't going to be there. The doc keeps reassuring me that my pregnancy is strong and the presence of the heartbeat before 6 weeks is a really good sign. I just keep telling myself that everything is going to be ok and that just because it ended badly before, doesn't mean it will again. We are all going to be ok :)

• Options

I'm in the same boat with all of you.  My first pregnancy ended in a missed m/c.  It makes it very hard for me to relax and just enjoy being pregnant this time because I haven't had proof yet that my body can carry a baby to term. 

But I've heard some good advice on these boards, and I don't remember who posted it, but it is this: Wake up every morning and love your baby, and love being pregnant, because you don't know what tomorrow will bring. 

This one helps me focus on the victory of making it through another day. Thank you, whoever posted it originally.  It has been really helpful to me. And to the OP of this thread, GL, and T&P are with you. 

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"