Multiples
Options

Twin Stroller/Car Seat Recommendations?

We are expecting twin boys in October and started the stroller/car seat search today.  For those of you with twins did you prefer the tandem or side by side?  Any particular brand/model?  Same thing for car seats on brands/models. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Re: Twin Stroller/Car Seat Recommendations?

• Options
    Check out the Baby Jogger City Select.
  • Options

i like to have choices with strollers - so for me it was important to have a SBS and a tandem - b/c they are used for different things and work well for different times.

i LOVE my city select- great tandem... can be used as a DSNG, too, with the infant seats.... and can be used with infants in the regular seats with full recline, too.  It's my every day stroller.

I have 2 SBS's - the Valco Trimode Twin... I love it but don't think it's worth the money if I didn't need the toddler seat.  I would have purchased the Bumbleride Indie Twin I think.... for an all-terrain SBS (long walks, bumpy terrain, etc)

The Combi SBS is great for quick trips - it's light, has nice carrying strap, easy to fold, etc.  I got mine used on craigslist for $20!!

For car seats - get the Graco Snugrides - they are the most compatible with the most strollers.... very safe, good price. I don't see a need for the higher weight ones - I used the regular ones that go to 22lbs... gray was in it for a year (Gibby was in it for 4mo b/c he's so big)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used Graco Snugrides (the regular ones that go to 22 lbs; those were heavy enough, I would not have wanted heavier infant seats when you have to carry two!) with the Double Snap n Go at first, and when the boys were outgrowing their Snugrides we started using a Baby Jogger City Mini double. We loved both. The DSNG was really handy when we were using the infant seats and we've been very happy with the City Mini. Overall I prefer a SBS (once they're out of the infant seats) but we also have a Duoglider that a friend loaned us (tandem) and it does come in handy for trips to the post office or library (which have very narrow aisles) and to the drugstore (so I can use the large basket underneath for storage!).
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    We are gonna get the Graco Snugride 35s, and plop them in the tandem stroller that matches.  I really want a side-by-side eventually, but I tried opening/closing it, and it was HUGE.  I can't picture myself lifting it in and out of the truck alllll the time for just grocery trips and stuff.  The Graco tandem stroller was lighter and more compact.  Something I can handle alone regularly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"