3rd Trimester

Team Green natural birth turned c-section

Since I like reading everyone else's birth story, just thought I'd quickly share mine.

About two weeks ago, I started losing my MP and as I approached my due date it became more bloody.  I had been having contractions and menstrual type cramping for a few weeks so I knew my body was getting ready.  I had declined any internal exams up until I was really in labor.

Tuesday night my discharge turned more watery so my instinct told me to go get checked out Wed morning (I stopped in early before work).  pH swab test was positive for amniotic fluid but the fern test was inconclusive.  Long story short, I was admitted because they were pretty sure I had a rupture.  However, I was not convinced because I did not have any leaking, just watery discharge AND labor and delivery was not 100% sure.  I understand why they kept me though and did not argue.  I understand the risk of infection once you are ruptured and would never put my LO at risk. Contractions continued to get stronger and closer together - so something was definitely happening.  I labored ALL day Wed, my water officially broke during a pretty hard contraction and I quickly went into transition about 8:00 PM.  I stayed at 7 cm for what seemed like forever.  I was exhausted and in so much pain that at some point I asked for an epidural.  I don't remember much of transition so everything is really foggy.  

My LO was face up instead of down and the nurses kept changing my position to get LO to turn.  I slept on and off until about 4 AM.  Finally dilated to 10 cm but LO had not turned and was still too high up to get manually turned.  I was given the option to start pushing - and I pushed for 2.5 hours.  I could not get LO to move down at all.  

I was such an emotional mess at this point because I felt pressure and needed to push but couldn't make any progress.  I had a few options presented to me and after alot of crying finally decided on the section.  

I would never in a million years have seen this coming.  I ended up getting a spinal since my epidural only worked on one side.  I had to wait for 1.5 hours after my epi wore off to go to the OR.  That was the WORST  pain I have ever experienced.  The pressure was horrible - my body kept pushing but I was not able to push LO any farther.  I was screaming up until the point I was administered the anesthesia in the OR.  DS was not only face up but his head was also at an angle in the birth canal making it impossible for me to push him out.

DS was born at 950 AM on Thurs morning, weighing 8 lb 9 oz.  It has been a crazy few days and I'm still in shock that I ended up with a c-section.  We couldn't be happier though that DS #2 is here safe and sound and breastfeeding like a champ.

Our birth plan was for a med free vaginal birth but as you know - it's just a plan and subject to change! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Team Green natural birth turned c-section

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"