3rd Trimester

F/U to funny or cruel?

I finally got up the nerve to fake out my DH and tell him my water broke (for those that didn't see OP, I have a scheduled C-section and since he won't get the true "rush to the hospital" experience, I thought it would be funny to see his reaction).

He was in the other room when I said "um, honey......I think my water just broke." It took him a second and he slowly walked in the room with a stunned look on his face. It didn't take him long to know I was kidding, because I couldn't hold in the laughter. He was totally freaked for the few seconds though.

He already doesn't get the full daddy birth experience, so at least he felt that part for a second :-) Totally worth it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: F/U to funny or cruel?

• shakesshakes member
    lmao, love it! genius! well played!

• Yeslmao, I can only imagine the look on his face, or what was going through his head during the time it took to walk to where you were..I have actually thought of doing that to DH but I am really bad at pranks and would be laughing the whole time..
    CafeMom Tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • HA HA HA. Awesome. I would so do this to my DH but since my water did break with DS1 at 34 weeks in the middle of the night I can't. However, I like to get him with pranks like this all the time b/c he's constantly doing it to me!
  • Poor DH!

Don't loose heart. With my first, I was really sad that I wasn't going to get the, "Honey - it's TIME!" experience...

Well DS decided to come a week before the scheduled c/s. Woke up in labor and contractions were 3 minutes apart by the time I go to the hospital! They got me in the OR very quickly for a routine c/s, so everything was okay...but I was very happy to be able to say I at least know what a contraction feels like! And that my body knew what it was supposed to do, even if DS wasn't in the correct position for a successful vaginal birth!

imageimage
  • HEHE, I wouldn't do that to my DH because we're planning a vaginal birth, but WTG for giving him a small taste of the actual experience!!

I saw the funniest April fools joke though. A woman took her very young babies diaper and wrote on the front of it "I'm going to be a big brother" and asked her DH to change the baby's diaper. She was taping the whole thing and his reaction was priceless! I think the baby was only like 9 weeks old, but I think spring time would still be pretty funny for those of us due in summer and fall!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"