Multiples
Options

A ? about naps

At what point did your LOs get on a solid napping routine during the day? ?Right now they seem to still be sleeping a good part of the day, but are definitely having awake/alert time for good chunks (30 min to an hour, a few times during the day). ?

So I'm thinking that maybe I need to put them on some sort of a "schedule" for the day where we have consistent nap time, and consistent awake time. ?But are they too little for this? ?I know that at some point LOs usually start doing a long morning nap and a long afternoon nap...when does that happen? ?I don't want to force them into anything, but I feel like routines and schedules are so good to have, and right now, every day is different...I guess I just like consistency!!!

TIA!?

Re: A ? about naps

• Options
    I'll be curious to see the responses you get because we're still not on a consistent nap schedule!  The girls have a nighttime routine but once they're up for the day, we mainly follow the eat, play, sleep method.  They will start to get cranky after being up for about 2 hours - it's pretty easy for me to tell that they're getting tired.  Then I'll just put them in their bouncy or swing and they'll take a nap.  Their naps are sometimes really short like 10 minutes, other times they can go as long as a few hours.  Sorry, this isn't much help but I can tell you my girls are about 4 months with no set schedule!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we are just barely now starting to be on a schedule. Like pp, we follow the eat play sleep routine. The babies are starting to take a morning nap around 9 that lasts 45-60min (enough time for a shower and pumping!). Then the rest of the day isn't as predictable. Sometimes there's a long midday nap, and sometimes there are lots of short naps. I'm just trying to follow their cues and trying to be consistent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Around 8 weeks, I started using the EASY method.  I needed to get the babies on some kind of schedule to prepare for going back to work.  Although I was always flexible on feeding them, especially if they were going through a growth spurt, the EASY schedule worked great for us.  I liked knowing approximate times that they would be eating and sleeping.

Around 4 months, we went to 5 feedings a day and started to get that one morning nap (from 9-11) and one afternoon nap (from 1-2:30)  Just a couple weeks ago, they went down to 4 feedings a day and their nap times have changed but they still take a morning and afternoon nap.  They also take a short nap around dinner time, just to get them through until bed time.

I have always been a huge fan of a schedule but always made sure to watch my babies' cues so that I could adjust the schedule for some of their natural wake and hungry times.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Around 8 weeks. We also did the EASY method. I would say about 5 months is when they dropped that third nap and started to only have two. Their first nap was at 11am-1 and afternoon was from 3:30-4:30. Naps were usually always consistant and both would wake up the same time.

Now we are going through nap strikes. I think Landon wants to drop his first nap.

• Options
    I don't think ours got consistent until their wakeup times became consistent, which happened at about 5 months.  But we started putting them down in their cribs for 2 naps a day at 4 months.  At 5 months, that's up to 4 times a day now (the early and late ones are short - like 20-30 minutes).

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"