February 2011 Moms

Cramping after TransV Ultrasound?

I always feel a little violated and told the tech yesterday that she could have at least bought me dinner first.  But, today I'm kinda crampy and sore.  Is that normal???  It makes me nervous since I haven't had any crampy feeling since right after my BFP.  Thankfully, no spotting.  Anybody else have this happen?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Cramping after TransV Ultrasound?

• No cramping, its a bit uncomfortable right afterwards for me, i've now had 3 and its always uncomfortable.
  • Not like OH MY GAWD cramping, just little twinges that are enough for me to notice.  It probably didn't help that my ultrasound appt lasted three frikkin hours with 45 minutes of the damn probe.  Hmmmm...
  • Loading the player...
  • It was the NT scan from hell.  LO wouldn't sit still in the right position long enough for the tech to get the damn picture.  It wouldn't stop jumping around and when i finally would, it would twist backwards and put its arm up by its head so you couldnt see the profile.  She started with the regular abdominal then switched to the probe because "it would be clearer" and then switched back to the regular one to try one more time.  ugh.  i have to go back and do it all over again on wednesday.  suckage but at least i get to see the mexican jumping bean again. 
  • Hope you all don't mind me posting here, I just wanted to say that is is normal to cramp after a transvag u/s not everyone does but I have everytime I have had one.  I have cysts on my ovaries which I had to have tv u/s for plus my 10 week u/s.  I was warned by other ppl before I ever had one that I would get cramps afterwards.  It is totally normal please don't worry about them.
  • coolio.  thanks for responding, cheryl...  and don't be silly, of COURSE no one minds you still posing here.  How are you doing?
  • I didn't have any cramping, but I was definitely sore, and I had a little spotting the next day.  I think that what you're feeling is probably normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • No cramping, but I had a tiny bit of spotting afterwards. I think it's because the doctor was so rough trying to get a good picture of the little jumping bean. Ouch... hope I'm done with these.
  • I had so many of them (three per cycle) with the IUIs, that I guess I got used to them. No after-effects of any kind. Sorry you had cramping, but I'm sure its just a pissed off cervix. If it gets worse go show your OB.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagetiannahall:
    coolio.  thanks for responding, cheryl...  and don't be silly, of COURSE no one minds you still posing here.  How are you doing?

I am doing terrible.  I wish I wasn't off for the summer right now, too much time to think, ya know.  Its excrutiating waiting for the miscarriage to actually take place.  Praying it happens soon. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"