3rd Trimester

Another BP ?

My blood pressure is always between 112/60-114/70. Was at every single appt with DD & so far with DS Except yesterday. It was 128/80. I now 120/80 is normal but my normal seems to be low. The dr said BP was great but for me, it seems like it was a little high? Should I have mentioned something? I definitely will in 2 weeks if it's still up there. I was wondering if I need to get it checked again in the mean time at a pharmacy?

Re: Another BP ?

• I have always normally been on the lower side of normal, but for the second half of the pregnany have been on the high side of normal, even a couple borderline readings.  My OB said it's fine.  You have more blood flow the more pregnant you are and it's normal for it to go up.  Still, call if you're really concerned.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • 120/80 is pretty decent. 
  • Loading the player...
  • LCB34LCB34 member
    My doctor only investigates if you have more than a 20 point increase in either number. You're not quite there yet. I woulnt worried unless you start feeling bad or having other symptoms.
  • I get my BP checked weekly cuz I get weekly progesterone shots.  It ranges from the 110/60 area to 120/80 area.  Sometimes it's higher 120's.  They've never said anything to me when it gets higher.  I think you're ok, in my opinion.  They most likely would have said something if they were concerned.  When I'm not pregnant, I normally have high BP (weird, right?), like in the 140/90's sometimes.  They always take it over and say something to me every single time. 
    imageimageimage
  • imageLCB34:
    My doctor only investigates if you have more than a 20 point increase in either number. You're not quite there yet. I woulnt worried unless you start feeling bad or having other symptoms.

That's the thing that bothers me a little. In the past week, I've started having headaches again, started swelling in my face & legs, carpal tunnel started & my vision was a little weird today.  Guess I'll just keep an eye on the symptoms.

• imagehewinked:
    I get my BP checked weekly cuz I get weekly progesterone shots.  It ranges from the 110/60 area to 120/80 area.  Sometimes it's higher 120's.  They've never said anything to me when it gets higher.  I think you're ok, in my opinion.  They most likely would have said something if they were concerned.  When I'm not pregnant, I normally have high BP (weird, right?), like in the 140/90's sometimes.  They always take it over and say something to me every single time. 

Thanks. Your ranges make me feel better. I've just never heard anything over 112/114 / 60/70.  It surprised me.

• imageBabyCakes3:

imagehewinked:
    I get my BP checked weekly cuz I get weekly progesterone shots.  It ranges from the 110/60 area to 120/80 area.  Sometimes it's higher 120's.  They've never said anything to me when it gets higher.  I think you're ok, in my opinion.  They most likely would have said something if they were concerned.  When I'm not pregnant, I normally have high BP (weird, right?), like in the 140/90's sometimes.  They always take it over and say something to me every single time. 

Thanks. Your ranges make me feel better. I've just never heard anything over 112/114 / 60/70.  It surprised me.

Yeah, mine is just all over the place, varying so much week to week.  I read your other comment about your symptoms.  I wanted to add that even if they didn't show concern, don't hesitate to ask them if something feels off.  I never ask at my appointments cuz it has ranged so much normally, and I don't have any symptoms that make me think something is up.

imageimageimage
  • I too tend to have low blood pressure, around 100/70 and on Thursday had a reading of 128/80. My Dr. said raising blood pressure is normal towards the end of the pregnancy and that she would only be concerned if it reached 140/90. Although she did check for protein in my urine just in case but there was none so she's not worried about Pre-E.

GL!

• 128/80 is fine. No need to really worry unless you are pretty close to 140/90 then you are to high. The other day when I went to the dr mine was 98/65 and it has never been that low. I asked him if there was a point where it could be to low and he said no not unless I was not feeling to hot because of it. 

• Yeah...that seems fine to me.  It doesn't seem like a huge jump.  Mine jumped up to 148/90 and stayed that way for a week when it typically is 120/60.  My OB said it was because I was swollen and told me to rest and stay out of the heat and keep my feet up.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lorelei Lizabeth 8-5-10
  • Pretty normal later in pregnancy.  I remember freaking out last time because mine was 120/70 and it usually is about 90-100/60, but my doctor was fine with it.
  • Mine tends to be much higher, that would be a great BP for me.  If the doctor isn't worried then I wouldn't be either.  They will let you know when or if they start getting concerned. 
    "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine's higher than that when I'm normal.  I actually got a high BP at my last appointment earlier this week, 148/90, and my doctor called me and is having me come in next week for a NST and another check.  She said it should be under 140/90.  There was no protein in my urine so she's not hugely concerned.  She said it's normal for your BP to start creeping up in the last few weeks, which is why she wants to keep an eye on it.  I think if your doctor was worried, you'd hear from him/her. 
  • My BP was always right arond 110/65 up until the last few weeks of pregnancy. Then it was right around 120/80. I think it is normal for it to go up then since your body is under so much stress! 120/80 is nothing to worry about..ever!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"