December 2010 Moms

Boundaries (NBR-at all. Also, I'm being a special brand of B1tch))

Warning: this is me venting, and I might be being a heinous judgmental snatch in the process- Don't care. 

Last weekend we had a party at our house and a family of people came over uninvited. They decided that even though there was a pool party going on they would stay... But wait, they don't have bathing suits! So, the 25 year old daughter of my mothers friend borrows my moms brand new bathing suit (the suit that looks great on my mom, and that she has gotten to wear one time this year). It looks horrible on this girl, she's got some major bushy stubble crawling it's way down her thighs, plus it's hanging down her "crotchal region" in a way I'm amazed didn't show her labia. For the duration of her time in the suit she oddly prances around in front of all the males, none of whom are even available.

Why am I bothered? She just got over a full body case of alapecia- no hair for years. But then miraculously, it went away because of anti-fungal meds. Um, might mean it was a full body type of ringworm, aka keep your ringworm crotch out of my moms bathing suit. Plus, these people give me the heebie jeebies, the brother of this girl just got out of prison and I don't want him around my kids or other people we actually like, and the mother is a 50 year old who is constantly talking about wh0ring herself out online at free dating sites (honestly, she won't even pay for her skeezy hookups that, we all know, end in a who-gave-who the clap argument).

Today, my mother gets a call from her friend saying her daughter is going on a date to the river, and she loved the bathing suit so much that she was wondering if she could borrow it? -Lady, I just got done washing that with bleach on high heat, she can go buy one.- The girl stops by a bit ago, I'm here with family from out of town while my mom goes out on an errand, she's asking me to find the suit. I pretend I can't find it, and hide it when she isn't looking, then I give her one that I know my mother hates... She takes the suit, but waits at the house to question my mother about where the "one that looked really good on me" is. 

Now I've got to scald all the suits she tried on, to get them clean for the pool party we're having tomorrow, which they'll probably show up to needing something to wear.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Boundaries (NBR-at all. Also, I'm being a special brand of B1tch))

• yuck! maybe I missed something, but why on earth is your mother friends with this woman in the first place?  do you live with your mom?  because if it was my house I'd just flat out tell them not to come over anymore...
  • Sorry but that's just crazy..( I was going to use another word).. I am sorry I would have told her behind to get her own suit...Seriously why does she want to share suits with your mom? Good luck @ the party tomorrow..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Perhaps the girl has some mental issues? Her mother should encourage her to behave correctly in society, rather than asking her friend for favors.
  • She was a coworker of my mother, and she won't go away and my mom is nice to her without trying to encourage it.

And, yes, I moved into my mom's for the summer while my SO is fighting fires with a company that ships him out for three weeks at a time (3wks on, 1wk off). We'll look for a new place once the job is over, but I didn't want to be by myself in our skeevy apartment. We were planning on finding a new place before the baby anyways. So, I have to pretend to play nice?

• imageGavsMomAlready+Newbie:

She was a coworker of my mother, and she won't go away and my mom is nice to her without trying to encourage it.

And, yes, I moved into my mom's for the summer while my SO is fighting fires with a company that ships him out for three weeks at a time (3wks on, 1wk off). We'll look for a new place once the job is over, but I didn't want to be by myself in our skeevy apartment. We were planning on finding a new place before the baby anyways. So, I have to pretend to play nice?

Oh I wasn't judging!  but since it's not technically your place I guess you have no right to forbid people from showing up :(   unless your mom gives you permission to just go off on her, maybe?  that's what I'd do.  it just sounds like your mom is too nice for her own good.

• over from the jan board, lurking...

but who gave ringworm girl your moms nice suit to wear in the first place. sharing bathing suits is so gross to me. i wouldnt share underwear. and its pretty much the same concept. yuck!!!

• imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    imageGavsMomAlready+Newbie:

She was a coworker of my mother, and she won't go away and my mom is nice to her without trying to encourage it.

Oh I wasn't judging!  but since it's not technically your place I guess you have no right to forbid people from showing up :(   unless your mom gives you permission to just go off on her, maybe?  that's what I'd do.  it just sounds like your mom is too nice for her own good.

It's ok, I didn't think you were :) I just figured I should explain that. And my mom is too nice to some people. She gets walked all over, but she doesn't set any rules, then she feels taken advantage of but it's kinda her fault.

These people just make me crazy I don't get how they can be them. And for the rest of the summer I just have to hope that our friends who come over for functions will be forgiving. 

• imagekrista613:

over from the jan board, lurking...

but who gave ringworm girl your moms nice suit to wear in the first place. sharing bathing suits is so gross to me. i wouldnt share underwear. and its pretty much the same concept. yuck!!!

We have the same name! (I'm Christa) 

To answer, I have no idea, she just was wearing it all the sudden. I'm guessing her mother took her and found it? But my mom allows these people to be freaks. -Why I titled the thread "Boundaries", I feel the same as you. 

• Uhh....ew.  Ick!

That is just so disgusting to me on so many levels.  I would have no problems telling this chicky poo she will not be borrowing any of my mother's swim suits.

• Oh you're not being a ***...that's just gross. Personally I would never share a bathing suit in general...I would have loaned her some boxers and a tshirt at the pool party. And its one thing to show up (invited or not) to a party and not have a bathing suit because maybe you didn't know you'd be swimming, but to plan a weekend away and need to borrow one? GO BUY ONE! Im' sure Wal Mart has really cheap bathing suits...there's no excuse.

Ugh, gross. 

• imageabovewedding:

Oh you're not being a ***...that's just gross. Personally I would never share a bathing suit in general...I would have loaned her some boxers and a tshirt at the pool party. And its one thing to show up (invited or not) to a party and not have a bathing suit because maybe you didn't know you'd be swimming, but to plan a weekend away and need to borrow one? GO BUY ONE! Im' sure Wal Mart has really cheap bathing suits...there's no excuse.

Ugh, gross. 

Exactly my thoughts!  I can understand the showing up and not having a suit and maybe borrowing one that day if it was neccessary.  However, to plan a trip and want to borrow one is just rediculous.  If she liked it so much why not ask your mom where she got it from and buy it herself?!?!  Or find an even better one FOR YOURSELF.  Plus (if I read this correctly) why is a 25 y/o girl  wanting to borrow an older woman's bathing suit in the first place, wouldn't you think she would have a bunch of her own?! Oh man, I would have gone off on these people....and then you can blame it on your pregnant hormones if your mom is upset that you did that.

• imagebubbles231211:
    imageabovewedding:

Oh you're not being a ***...that's just gross. Personally I would never share a bathing suit in general...I would have loaned her some boxers and a tshirt at the pool party. And its one thing to show up (invited or not) to a party and not have a bathing suit because maybe you didn't know you'd be swimming, but to plan a weekend away and need to borrow one? GO BUY ONE! Im' sure Wal Mart has really cheap bathing suits...there's no excuse.

Ugh, gross. 

Exactly my thoughts!  I can understand the showing up and not having a suit and maybe borrowing one that day if it was neccessary.  However, to plan a trip and want to borrow one is just rediculous.  If she liked it so much why not ask your mom where she got it from and buy it herself?!?!  Or find an even better one FOR YOURSELF.  Plus (if I read this correctly) why is a 25 y/o girl  wanting to borrow an older woman's bathing suit in the first place, wouldn't you think she would have a bunch of her own?! Oh man, I would have gone off on these people....and then you can blame it on your pregnant hormones if your mom is upset that you did that.

I completely agree. I told her when I "couldn't find it" where the suit was purchased so she could go buy the damned thing for herself. I was so fuming when I wrote this original post because the situation seemed freakish to me. I wasn't too nice to her, but I just tried to talk as little as possible because I hate lying and I totally give myself away when I do it. I did tell my mom that first thing tomorrow she needs to put that suit on and not take it off, I'll be damned if I have to go through that again tomorrow. 

• Definitely a freakish situation! I wouldn't even want them in the pool! I hate people who have so much nerve/sense of entitlement!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why do they have to make it smell so good if you can't eat it?? BabyFruit Ticker
  • gross. and this doesn't sound bitchy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"