April 2011 Moms

Your OB, group or private?

Do you see a private practice Dr or a group?

With my son I had a good delivery and a good pregnancy experience w. a group practice. My only complaint is that I had some conflicting info about my induction date depending on which Dr I saw and it was frustrating. I swore I was switching to a private practice. I feel like as a 2nd time pregnancy I would be able to ask better questions/stand up for myself better so I'm getting cold feet about switching.  Plus, my Dr is a 2 min drive, the private dr is 15 mins. I'm nervous about all the winter appts.

What are the pros/cons in your opinion?

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Your OB, group or private?

• If I could find a smaller private group I would, but most of the practices around me are 6-7 docs so they aren't taking call as often.  I think that is the trend in my area anyway.
  • I think we're going to stay with a group practice...  But I don't think I really know all of the questions to ask...
  • Loading the player...
  • Private practice doctor, but she doesn't actually do deliveries, so she has a 'counterpart' who she is going to be referring me to. She said it will be up to me when I want to transition to the other doctor. I figure I will want to meet them early on so I can see if I like them the way I do my OB.

I am so disappointed that she doesn't do deliveries. I absolutely love her.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• AlyhsAlyhs member
    I see the ob at the hospital since it's on the same floor as dh's pediatrician office. I rotate through all the doctors throughout me entire pregnancy to get acquainted with all of them so when it comes to delivery you'll know them on their rotation on L&D floor.

Surprise Baby #3!
    imageimage

Baby #1: Olyvea

Baby #2: Adelyn
  • I go to a group practice.

I switched doctors practically every year for about 5 years before finally settling into this practice.  I usually see a nurse practitioner (who is awesome), and I've never met with any of the actual doctors there.

My first appointment is with a different nurse than I usually see, so I'm a little nervous.  But it doesn't bother me that much to have to rotate between doctors. 

• My dr. is alone, I love him so much I wouldn't want anyone else delivering my babies. I've never had any trouble making appointments and each appointment moves quickly so I'm not sitting in the waiting room for long, which I guess could be a problem if there is only one dr.

The thing that would concern me is if he wasn't there for the delivery though. He told me that he makes his vacation time whenever he has a week that has no babies due. 

Driving to the appointments didn't bother me both he and the hospital were closer to my job than my home. Is the weather in the winter really horrible by you that the extra time would make that much of a difference?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go to a group practice with 5 doctors - its the same practice I used with DS and I really liked them and the hospital they deliver at, so I plan to stick with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"