Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

switch from sensative to regular formula

When LOs were born i breast fed for about 2 months then they were having such bad reflux we switched to sensative (DD) and pre-digested (DS) formula.  Now that they are 9 mo old they are taking to solids great and seem to be doing good otherwise.  DS was taken off his reflux meds at 6 mo and has had no ill effect from it (DD was never on them). 

DH and i feel like we need or should get them back on to a milk based product before going to milk when they are 1 ish... so we thought now would be a good time.  We have our 9 mo check up next week so i will ask my pedi but if your LO was on a sensative formula how did you switch?  Should we just go cold turkey and see what happens? or cut thier formula with regular formula?

TIA 

Re: switch from sensative to regular formula

• Options
    We switched DD from a reflux formula (with rice cereal) to Similac Advance about that time.  We just slowly added in more and more.  Started out at, say, 5 oz of her familiar formula, then subtracted an ounce and added an ounce of Advance.  We did this once every few days until she was completely on the Advance.
  • Options
    i just started doing this just this past week for the same reason i feel he needs the switch before going to milk
    image 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We switched at 6 months, but then switched back, at around 7 months we switched to regular formula and she has done great.  Our pedi just said to go cold turkey, she didnt like the taste at first but within a day got adjusted...good luck they are so cute
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"