Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Anyone having a hard time being social again?

I hope this makes sense--after the first m/c at 10 weeks, I was a mess, but we were in the middle of moving so I kind of had no choice but to "go on".  We were in temporary living and then staying with my parents for 2 weeks before our house was ready.  This time around, although I was much earlier (5 weeks) I am a complete wreck.  It's like I never fully grieved the first one, and now I'm grieving both at once.  I have sat at home crying all morning--kind of awkward when you have a toddler (dh was working today).  I was invited out with a friend, but I can't do it.  I literally do not want to be around anyone in a social setting.  The only thing going through my mind at all times is related to miscarriages--it is consuming me.  It's so difficult to be around people when all you can think about it one thing--and it's not typically something you sit around and talk about with people. 

To top it off--I got labs back yesterday basically saying my thyroid is a mess.  I had been borderline hypothyroid back when I got pregnant in December.  The meds ended up making me hyPERthyroid.  Now months after I stopped taking them I am still hyperthyroid and my numbers all out of whack.  I have been referred to an endocrinologist, but of course all I've done in the meantime is google miscarriage+hyperthyroid.  I feel like I caused this all! If I hadn't gone on the meds in the first place (I was "borderline" afterall), if I had gotten follow up blood work sooner, all sorts of if's.  It's really messing with my mind.

Sorry so long.  I hate this.  I just needed to "talk" about it with someone.

Re: Anyone having a hard time being social again?

• ((Hugs))  I can completely relate (I actually posted something similar just a moment agao)  I have been on autopilot lately and I find hanging out with my friends to be a lot of work for me. I just keep hoping it gets better. I find talking about it does help some but I find myself with a lack of people to really talk about it with.

I hope things improve for you soon.

• I liteally *just* read your post.  I'm sure becoming a hermit is out of the question, right? At some point the kid is going to get sick of cartoons. 

I also lack people to talk to about it.  DH just doesn't completely get it- I mean, he's sad too, but not in the same way I am.  My friends don't know what to say, and I feel like I am rambling on or making people uncomfortable if I talk to much about it.

Thanks--and I hope things improve for BOTH of us soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, i feel the same way about being social. It can be really hard to pretend to be happy when you are really having a lot of anxiety related to the MC. I am sorry that you are having some health problems I hope that they can get it sorted out soon for you.
    DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • I agree.  It has been difficult for me too.  My husband and I were thinking about ttc again, but I don't think that is going to happen right now.  We have been butting heads since it happened.  We are not doing too well right now.  So we need to work on us before we can move on.  I just feel so depressed and feel like I want to be alone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Clip Art Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18
  • Oh do I ever!! I can tell you that I've become sort of distant with my own family. Life is so hard. So very hard. Losing a child is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I just want to crawl into a hole most of the time.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • i actually was thinking of posting something similar-  its been 9 weeks since we lost our LO at 12 weeks- i feel like there is this great divide- i have a difficult time hanging out or talking to friends with babies because i am insanly jealous- and i dont want to see my single friends because i need to talk about this still and i feel like they completly dont get it because they are still in the "im single have a good time" part of their lives. i feel like people judge me for still talking about it- i feel like people think that i should be over it and moved on by now- it gets to be very lonely-

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"