Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

My dog is missing

My DH let our dog out in the yard when we got home tonight and didnt realize the front gate was not fully closed.  I ran out to Target and when I got home I went to get her back in and didnt see her in our yard but I did see the front gate open.  She got out and is now missing.  And of course her tags are not on.  She is microchipped but my heart is in my throat right now.  She could be anywhere.  She is a husky and is a fast runner.  DH is out now driving around looking for her.  I just put a missing ad post on craigslist.  I am so upset right now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My dog is missing

• Oh no, I'm so sorry Sad

I hope she turns up soon! I'll be sending good vibes your way! 

• jbl126jbl126 member
    What are the odds as I write this DH finds her.  Turns out a neighbor of ours around the corner found her and out her in their yard.  I am just so happy she is back. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejbl126:
    What are the odds as I write this DH finds her.  Turns out a neighbor of ours around the corner found her and out her in their yard.  I am just so happy she is back. 

OMG I am so happy to see this update.  I'm so glad she made it home safely!

• Can you call the microchip company?  My friend's dog got out while they were out of state and they called the company and I think they were able to find her for them.  GL - and I hope she's home really quickly!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so so sorry.  I can only imagine how scared you are.  I hope (and will pray) that you find her soon... give her lots of kisses tonight!!! Thinking of you... 

ETA- just saw your update- yea!!!!!

~From one dog lover to another! 

• Im sorry. Our dogs our like one of our kids. I feel like I have 4 babies instead of 2. I cant imagine loosing one.

I hope you guys find her soon!

• imagejbl126:
    I didnt even see this before posting! Im so glad your DH was able to find her.
  • I am so sorry to hear this!! This happened to me when I was pregnant with DD...we were so devastated...gate was left open and hubby didn't know and let her out.  Of course she was microchipped but no tags on either.  Make sure you post flyers, we spent hours that night doing flyers everywhere! We also had a local bulldog rescue group help us out...they recommended not putting our dog's name on the flyers so we could easily identify her and not someone else, if you know what I mean by responding to her name. Our bulldog group also sent flyers via email and fax to local vets in case someone took her there for microchip check or if they just tried to keep her as their own pet. 

Luckily, our dog was picked up basically right away and the family saw our flyers in the morning and contacted us.  But it was the worst 18 hours of my life...try to stay calm even though I know it is soooo hard.  Good luck and keep us updated.  

• imagebulldog_mama23:

I am so sorry to hear this!! This happened to me when I was pregnant with DD...we were so devastated...gate was left open and hubby didn't know and let her out.  Of course she was microchipped but no tags on either.  Make sure you post flyers, we spent hours that night doing flyers everywhere! We also had a local bulldog rescue group help us out...they recommended not putting our dog's name on the flyers so we could easily identify her and not someone else, if you know what I mean by responding to her name. Our bulldog group also sent flyers via email and fax to local vets in case someone took her there for microchip check or if they just tried to keep her as their own pet. 

Luckily, our dog was picked up basically right away and the family saw our flyers in the morning and contacted us.  But it was the worst 18 hours of my life...try to stay calm even though I know it is soooo hard.  Good luck and keep us updated.  

I just saw your update.  Glad you got your dog back :)  

• imagejbl126:

Awesome!  I'm glad that she's home safe and sound! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"