Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Vow renewal..

DH and I eloped and had no family or friends present when we got married. We planned on doing a fancy smancy vow renewal for our 2 year anniversary. ( 5 years of being committed to each other) I was planning on having it here in Canada but we just recently found out that my father has cancer. So now the time line has moved up substantially and my entire family wants to do a whole destination wedding/ renewal. My big issue is that DHs parents will not come. They hate me now as it is and they weren't there the first time either. DH doesn't care but I am worried that;

A. he will regret it and,

B. It will cause a blow up that will cause DD to not know her grandparents.

They only way I see us being able to do it is if we pay for them to go ourselves and they still might not show. My parents are heading a major part of the bill for it where they apparently had money put away for my wedding. However my father refused to help if we use the little money DH and I do have on them.  I am in a bit of a rock and a hard place because I want my father to be happy and since the outlook isn't the greatest for him, but I also want to keep the peace. 

Anyone have any thoughts?? This stuff is part of the reason we eloped in the first place!!

Re: Vow renewal..

• Options

This is a tough one but, ultimately, it's not your responsibilty to cater to your ILs. If your DH was feeling torn, I'd say you have to respect him but he's not.

It's easier for me to say because I'm not in your shoes, but your DD will figure out what kind of people the are whether or not they come to the ceremony and whether or not there is a huge blow out.

It's sort of like my XH: I don't like him, but I never bad mouth him to DS. But, at the ripe old age of 3, DS has realized that he's a flake and a loser. Your DD will figure it out on her own.

Do the wedding. Send them an invite. Ultimately, your DH made his decision.

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • Options
    Neen33Neen33 member
    I agree with hotsauce. This is your dh's decision to make since it's his parents. Sorry your inlaws are causing such grief about what should be a special day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for that. It was just what I needed to hear!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"