Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Lifting heavy things after delivery

I've heard we should not lift anything heavier than our babies after delivery, but what is the reason for this?  I've heard it's bad for the uterus, but is this true and how is it bad?

Re: Lifting heavy things after delivery

• I was told not to lift anything over 10 lbs due to my c section scar healing/recovery.
  • imageanvloveskme:
    I was told not to lift anything over 10 lbs due to my c section scar healing/recovery.

This.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageanvloveskme:
    I was told not to lift anything over 10 lbs due to my c section scar healing/recovery.

Is it just to prevent the scar from opening?  Is there any other medical reason?  I had a c/s too.  I've heard that supposedly if you lift heavy things your uterus will fall--anyone hear that before?

• You could do any number of things lifting heavy objects after c/s. Pop out your sutures, & strain your abs that are still healing are just a few...
  • I delivered vaginally and they still told me not to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs so I figure they have to have some other reason but I can't figure out what.
  • My understanding was that lifting anything too heavy will strain your healing muscles. I did some lifting I should not have done after DS was born, and I paid the price. Getting up and down too much also hurt me. I would have days where I couldn't even walk because lifting uses more muscles than you realize I guess. I would become very sore from lifting too much, or moving too much.

Get rest. It's VERY important for recovering. Take all the help you can get.

• Lifting too early can prevent your pelvic floor from tightening back up and can contribute to uterine prolapse,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"