3rd Trimester

hardly any movement

so my LO is usually moving to the point where im begging her to stop but today its the opposite i want her to move im really nervous she has hardly kicked all day. sure i felt the occasional movements but not as much as she normally does. i just got a coke from mcdonalds to see if maybe she is sleeping, but all day? should i just wait a while longer to see or should i go in to the hospital. my ob office is closed so there is no use in calling them. im not sure what to do, im new at being pregnant and the entire 7 months i have been worrying. what would you guys do in my situation?

Re: hardly any movement

•  I wouldn't worry too much as long as your feeling movement.  The bigger they get the less room they have.  Try drinking the coke and laying down and see how many kicks or movements you get.  You should be able to get 10 in two hours, if you don't then call L&D. GL
  • Drink something and lay on your side.  Count kicks or any type of momement.  If you're getting 10 kicks in an hour, you're good to go.  If not, call L&D to get checked out.  It sounds like you got some movement going on, so I'd try not to wory.  GL!
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My doc says drink something sweet lay on your left side and count for an hour...you should get 10 movements.  I had this problem this am and I onlhy got 4 tiny flutters so I went in.  Everything was fine, but they told me that I was absolutely correct for going in.  They said anytime I have doubts to come in!  Just try this and if you feel odd about the movement still then I would go in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lorelei Lizabeth 8-5-10
  • The biggest they get, the more they slow down.  As long as you are getting some movement you should be ok.  But like everyone else said, eat/drink something sweet and lay down and count the movements for an hour. 
  • i felt the same way today! i was reading in my book that as the baby gets bigger, they may start moving less since not as much room. but it did also say to go with your guts and if you feel something is wrong, to call the doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"