Pregnant after a Loss

So I'm having contractions

They've been going on for about 1.5 hours and have gotten a little stronger, but not too strong.  Probably 7-10 minutes apart.  I'm feeling really icky.  Been trying to drink lots of water and lay on my side since I realized what they were.

I'm going to check for LO's hb on the doppler and go to bed, but I'll call my OB if they get stronger or more frequent.

Re: So I'm having contractions

• I usually got them when I was dehydrated -- I didn't even realize I was.

I called my nurse and she said to drink even more water. I started drinking 150+ ounces a day and have been good ever since.

Sending good mojo that your LO is just practicing and cuts it out soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you.  :-)  I'm already drinking at least 100oz a day, so  can't imagine I'm dehydrated but stranger things have happened.  I hope he's just being a stinker and practicing his escape too.
  • Loading the player...
  • So was I. That's why I didn't think twice about dehydration. The nurse told me she thought I would be ok with 100, but to try more and it works. Shocking to me. I thought I was going to float away!
  • I hope it's nothing.  Ditto PP drink lots of water to see if that helps.  And I LOVE your new siggy.  :)
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you're having more than 4-6 an hour (I've heard all of those from different drs) and they're not going away with drinking water and laying on your side and you feel icky, I would call the dr at least and see if they want to monitor you.  I really hope they stop asap though. 
  • I went to L&D for this last week. They told me not only more water but more food- I was't getting enough nutrition. I am also laying down as soon as they start. However call your doctor if you are having them more than 4 in an hour so it can at least be monitored. Also, your doctor may want to do some lab work because UTIs and some other infections can cause contractions. 

I hope it goes away soon- GL!  

Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog
  • ::hugs::
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope they stopped by now.
  • imagecintim:
    Hope they stopped by now.

This.  If they're still going on, I hope you call your doc, and just get checked out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"