Northern California Babies
Options

could this be thrush?

for about the past 36/48 hours i've been having intense pain on both sides during nursing.  the initial latch is awful, then it gets better, but my nipples have been way more sore in general than usual.

no white spots or any signs in simon... but google says maybe thrush?

do i call my ob or simon's pedi??  thoughts?

tia

:)

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: could this be thrush?

• Options

Typically your breasts are very pink - bright and burn more than are sore.  But, I guess all people are different.  If you have it, Simon has to be treated.  I'm in FP, so I see all, so if I know mom has it - I treat baby too. 

Hope it isn't but I'd call your OB if you think you need a prescription.

• Options
    I had thrush but Logan didn't have any white spots. There is some over the counter athletes foot wash you can use on your nipples, it's called nysastan. When I caked my ob the told me to start with that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like my symptoms when I had thrush. I saw my PCP (a family practitioner). She looked in Eli's mouth too, but he didn't have any symptoms so didn't need to be treated. She prescribed me Nystatin which took care of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageModernMomma:
    Sounds like my symptoms when I had thrush. I saw my PCP (a family practitioner). She looked in Eli's mouth too, but he didn't have any symptoms so didn't need to be treated. She prescribed me Nystatin which took care of it.

Exactly what she said when I went in this afternoon!!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"