Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Cries after eating

My LO keeps crying after eating. I burp  him, change if needed, rock him, hold, etc but nothing helps. He just stops by  himself after a while. Maybe Sensitive (Similac) Formula would help? He is on Similac Advanced now or should any changes be discussed with pedi? Anything I can do to soothe him meanwhile?

Re: Cries after eating

• Mylicon drops before feeding (it works better for some people afterwards). Tell his pediatrician right now. You do not have to discuss going from Similac Advanced to Sensitive with a pediatrician - they're both milk-based formulas and very similar. Similac Sensitive actually has lactose in it now, unless you get it in ready to feed, but it's in very very trace amounts. We switched and the transition was pretty smooth.

If after a week or so your LO continues doing the same thing, you might be asked to switch to soy or a hypoallergenic formula. However - it could also be reflux and formula switches wouldn't matter. You can check with your pediatrician to see if your baby has the other symptoms of reflux (spitting up isn't necessarily required - there is something called silent reflux as well).

GL! 

• imageprettylilmuffin:

Mylicon drops before feeding (it works better for some people afterwards). Tell his pediatrician right now. You do not have to discuss going from Similac Advanced to Sensitive with a pediatrician - they're both milk-based formulas and very similar. Similac Sensitive actually has lactose in it now, unless you get it in ready to feed, but it's in very very trace amounts. We switched and the transition was pretty smooth.

If after a week or so your LO continues doing the same thing, you might be asked to switch to soy or a hypoallergenic formula. However - it could also be reflux and formula switches wouldn't matter. You can check with your pediatrician to see if your baby has the other symptoms of reflux (spitting up isn't necessarily required - there is something called silent reflux as well).

GL! 

All of this is what I was going to say. I had a reflux baby, so that was the first thing that I thought of. Try feeding baby in more of an upright position as well, and keeping baby upright for at least a half an hour after feeding...see if that helps. But call your pediatrician as soon as you can, just in case! GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD has acid reflux and she would cry after feedings.

Are you sure LO isn't still hungry? DD was eating an amazing amount at an early age and leveled off but it took us awhile to realize she was still hungry.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"