Trying to Get Pregnant

My weekend was AWESOME (longish)

Soooo...

On Thursday we packed up the dog and the SUV and headed down to Tampa to pick up the kids from their bio-mom in Tampa.  We set out right before rush hour hoping to sail down within 7 hours....nope.  We stopped for some Subway and something didn't sit well with DH so we stopped, and stopped, and stopped. 10 hours later we arrive at our destination...the IL's.

We find out that the electricity has been screwy recently and there is no electricity in the room we sleep in.  Which would be ok, except the air conditioner is on the fritz, so we didn't have a fan and were sweating to death.

We wake up in the morning to find a leak in the kitchen...a leak that my FIL decides not to fix until Monday so he turns of the water. 

So to recap, we had no electricity, no water, and DH was recovering from a stomach bug. All in a house with no private bathroom (the bathroom is in the middle of the busiest area of the house) 4 adults, our 2 kids, and our 9mo old niece.

Needless to say, we'll be getting a hotel next time (even though the IL's will be heartbroken)

Go ahead, its ok to be jealous. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My weekend was AWESOME (longish)

• Lkat17Lkat17 member
    Oh no! I'd be in a hotel now! I hope the ride back is less eventful!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    m/c 6/10 
    missed miscarriage discovered at 11 weeks, natural miscarriage at home one week later 9/13
  • I am totally jealous of you...

NOT. But seriously, that sucks! I hope your DH is feeling better! And hopefully the IL's don't make a big deal over staying in a hotel. Personal space is nice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Cycle 21 BFP 2-26 with Clomid, Novarel, and Prometrium, EDD 11-5; missed M/C 4-6, D & C 4-9
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no, that doesn't sound like fun... better luck on the ride home.
    TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • ETweetETweet member

Super NOT jealous! Sorry to hear about your disaster of a trip. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's awful..I would have been deep in wine.
  • imagesiren0076:
    That's awful..I would have been deep in wine.

hahaha, I forgive you now. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"