3rd Trimester
Options

hospital bag for scheduled c section

So I think I have all the basics but my question is did you bring more of your own clothes/pj's/nursing tanks etc this time around or just stay in hospital gown?

Re: hospital bag for scheduled c section

• Options

I just got home today from an unplanned c-section and wore the hospital gown the whole time.  My catheter was not removed until this morning so wearing anything else besides a gown would of been impossible.  Plus OB comes in every day to check the incision - which is also easier wearing a gown. I would recommend bringing your own robe though.  Just seems to make everything more comfy.

Nursing tanks would be nice but I would of had to wear them with a skirt instead of pants.  Plus, you probably won't want to wear anything with a waistband right away. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My plan is to bring more of my own stuff this time. It wasn't a huge deal that I only had one change of clothes last time, but it would have been nice to have another option besides the hospital gown. I imagine I will still stay in the gown for the first 24hrs or so, then maybe switch to pj's. Maybe a pair of maternity sweat pants and then a few maternity t shirts in case I feel like wearing "real" clothes?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had my 2nd c/s last week, I took yoga pants, pajama pants and some tee's and tanks. I was in a gown for the first 24 hours then got into my own clothes. That thing is more trouble than its worth!

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• Options

I will also be having a repeat section and I am taking yoga pants (gap body) that are higher waisted, over size t shirts and tank tops.   I took a shower, did my hair and had a face full of make up the morning after my section with Emerson and plan on doing the same thing this go around.  Yes, it was an effort but, it helped me get on my feet sooner than I would have.

I agree with the post that said the gowns are more trouble than they are worth-

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I remember hating the hospital gown and wishing I had my own gown that would cover my butt when I was getting up and down.

A side note, the one item that I wish I would have had when DD was born 6yrs ago (and you know it is important because it is the first thing I think of when I think of going to the hospital now) is chapstick!!!!  Not even joking.  It is such a small item, but SO overlooked!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"