Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Share your registry?

I'm having a really hard time finding anything I want from BRU or Target (and my family really wants me to register there; they're not as into the online thing).  Anything I do want is online only. 

What did you end up choosing?  Any suggestions are welcome!!

Re: Share your registry?

• Options
    In Austin, have you looked at the BabyEarth store? There may be more there that is to your liking.. and they can shop online or in store. The only thing not at the physical store (for customers to see) is furniture, anything else that you see online you can see in-store.
  • Options

Well, obviously, my registry is not online any longer, as my daughter is two, but I will share with you what we chose!

Strollers:

- Kolcraft Contours Options three wheel (used this with my DD from newborn and up - it comes with a car seat attachment and fits pretty much all car seats). Love the huge basket, love that the seat can face toward me, and love the price tag ($150)!

- Quinny Zapp. This is our lightweight/travel stroller and is awesome for going on public transit (fits underneath bus/train seats) and for air travel (can fit in the overhead of an airplane; can also be used with the Maxi Cosi infant seat).

- Chariot Cougar. We use this for daily biking and for strolling and jogging. It can also be used for hiking and skiing. It is an amazing stroller/trailer and can be used from infancy up to 100 pounds, I believe. There is an infant sling and an infant bunting bag. It is rather large.

Crib: Ikea Leksvik. We received it as a gift. I really love it. It can convert to a toddler bed, which we will be doing shortly. DD sleeps on the sultan blunda mattress, also from Ikea. Wonderful prices for wonderful things. The crib is $130, the mattress is $39.

Car seat: We live in the city, so we borrowed a friend's Graco infant seat for a bit. For the convertible, we have a Cosco Scenera. Very lightweight and easy to travel with, which was important for us. 

Breast pump: Ameda Purely Yours. I borrowed it from my sister. It worked really well, and I would recommend it.

Breast milk storage: Lansinoh storage bags.

Bottles: Didn't get a lot of use out of them, but we used the Avent bottles and the Medela bottles. 

Swing: Fisher Price Smart Stages 3-in-1 rocker swing. This was great because you could take the seat off and carry it with you. DD took many naps in it while I showered or cooked dinner. It doesn't rock on it's own, but it was a nice seat and nice alternative to a bouncy chair (we live in an apartment and didn't want a ton of plastic crap all over the place). I really wanted a papasan swing, though, because I liked the look and liked how they could swing both ways.

Carriers/wraps: I had a Snugli carrier that I used for the first two months when she was teeny tiny. After that, I switched to a Catbird Baby mei tai wrap, and I absolutely love that wrap! I still use it occasionally with the back carry when DD lets me.

Swaddlers: DD lived in a fleece Kiddopotamus swaddler for the first few months. It really helped her sleep.

Burp rags: Gerber 'cloth diapers.' They do not actually work as diapers but work really well for spit up!

Diapers: I used prefolds and covers with my DD (I can't even remember the brands - a friend lent them to me) for the first few months and then started using FuzziBunz. After that, we moved on to Haute Pockets and Knickernappies and Heiny Hugger fitted diapers with Thirsties covers and wool. I also used Nature Care disposable diapers and Nature care wipes.

Nursing pillow: Boppy. I used this constantly when DD was a newborn.

You can do a universal registry and add things to it from whatever websites you want, by the way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/universal

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsBeckO:
    In Austin, have you looked at the BabyEarth store? There may be more there that is to your liking.. and they can shop online or in store. The only thing not at the physical store (for customers to see) is furniture, anything else that you see online you can see in-store.

I recommend Baby Earth as well.  I was just there today in fact!  They have a lot of CDs and CDing accessories.  I had a baby registry with them and Tiny Birds Organics, also in Round Rock.  Both have excellent customer service.  Both allowed me to pick up gifts purchased by my family and friends online, since DH hates having shipping/packing materials around the house, and ppl can avoid shipping fees.   

• Options
    I couldn't find anything I liked at any of the big box stores either. We went with an Amazon registry. I especially liked the Universal Registry button which you can use to add items from any online store. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"