High-Risk Pregnancy

chest pain

I have mild pre-eclampsia and am on modified bedrest. Well, they always seem to ask me about all the usual stuff like right upper abdominal pain, headaches, etc. and I never have any of that.

Well tonight, I had some chest pain that was disturbing but wasn't really sure if that was something pre-e related or more gas/heart burn related. It wasn't really abdominal at all and wasn't on one side either. It was just under my sternum, but near the bottom of my sternum and top of my belly, I guess you'd say. It would feel really TIGHT and like a lot of pressure and hurt when I would breath. I kept pressing and massaging the area and it finally felt better, then it came back , then went away. So far it's bstill gone. I just wondered if I should be concerned or not? I experienced this one other time during this pregnancy , maybe a few weeks ago before being diagnosed with pre-eclampsia.

Re: chest pain

• I think I would at least put a call in to your on-call service just to be sure. I know they worry about right upper abdominal/lower rib area pain and pre-e due to liver issues. I don't know what they would say about the area where your pain is but sometimes pain can be referred from other areas.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our doc told us to come in (on bedrest at home for pre-e) if anything seemed abnormal at all. He said I could call, but that his advice would be to come in to the hospital to be monitored.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"