February 2011 Moms

When will you spill the beans???

Hi ladies!

This is a really cool group, I'm so glad I found it. I had a miscarriage over Christmas and I am pregnant again.  :D

Tuesday DH & I got to hear the babies heartbeat and my Dr. said that's good news...looks like we will be having a baby in Feb. Oh, I'm over the moon with joy and happiness.

My close friends and family all know, but I want to shout the good news from the roof tops! My question is:

Have you already made it known to most people? If not, how much longer are you going to wait?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: When will you spill the beans???

• we were going to wait quite some time before announcing our news... but this being my first pregnancy & the first grandchild we couldn't hold it in! I was 6 weeks when we made the announcement. First to family, then friends, then facebook all in the same weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're waiting until 14 weeks.

It looks like your tickers are in your post, not in your signature.  If you want to add them to your signature, copy the codes and go to your profile.  You can get there when you login or it's under the My Bump tab in the top Left corner of the page.  Then Edit your profile, then scroll down to the signature section and paste the code there.  Then save it.  That way it'll show up everytime you post but without the scroll bar that is showing right now.

Hope that helps.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • We've basically told all our close friends and family by now (I'm at 10 weeks). Our rationale was that we would share the news with those people we'd need or want support from if something were to go wrong. I also told my office because I have had some rough mornings and needed to come in late.
  • We have only told MIL, FIL and SIL and my two supervisors at work.

My parents and family will be around 16 weeks and everyone else...well if they ask I will tell!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagestarlily313:
    We've basically told all our close friends and family by now (I'm at 10 weeks). Our rationale was that we would share the news with those people we'd need or want support from if something were to go wrong. I also told my office because I have had some rough mornings and needed to come in late.

This, exactly. Also, I have a big mouth.  I couldn't keep it in!!  Although I'm waiting until after first tri to post it in my status on facebook.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We spilled the beans after my 2nd U/S last week at 10 wks bc the doc said everything was looking wonderful!
  • We've only told parents, siblings and two of my best friends. Everyone else will find out probably at 15 weeks. DH and I went through a loss in February and un telling everyone was horrible. 
  • We told our family at 8 weeks, close friends and my boss at 12 weeks and I will be telling the rest of my co-workers and anyone else who wonders at 16 weeks. I know this is late for most people, but it is what works for us right now. To each their own! :-)
  • We told family pretty early..around 6 weeks. We told everyone else at about 10 weeks. 
  • We've slowly started telling people who ask or who we need to tell (I needed some bella bands I lent out...).  I'll tell two friends tomorrow.  We have our NT scan on Monday, and to be honest, I would wait to tell even them until after it's done, but I don't see them in person regularly, so it's now or who knows when, so I'm going for it.  The rest of the world will wait until we get the NT results back. Telling family as they traverse up here in August so we can tell them in person.  My poor family may just hear over Skype, or may have to wait until Labor Day.  We shall see...
  • We told our parents right away at around 5 weeks. Siblings were around 6 weeks. we told my grandpop a week after that and of course he spillled the beans to the world (oh well, I love him anyway lol). The rest of the world found out around 9.5 weeks after we had a second u/s in which the baby was dancing all around.
  • I told my parents at 10 weeks because they came to visit.  I told my brother and his fiancee this week and we are telling my in-laws this weekend.

I have one friend that has known since 6 weeks and another friend that I  just told this week.  I will make a bigger FB announcement either next week or the one after. 

• We are planning to finally spill the beans after our NT scan on Monday.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I told some of my closest friends around 8 weeks,  we will tell the family next weekend (at almost 12 weeks), and after my 13 week u/s we will tell everyone else.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageBrady1*:
    We've only told parents, siblings and two of my best friends. Everyone else will find out probably at 15 weeks. DH and I went through a loss in February and un telling everyone was horrible. 

Same here I had a loss two years ago and it is definately very hard in untelling. We are waiting till around 12 or 13 to make it public. Just close family and friends know but my mom is dying to tell people lol

• Right now only our parents know. At 13 weeks we will tell family and close friends. And prob around 16 weeks or so I'll tell work. We had a loss last year and are worried about telling.

>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've told both my and his parents, my sister, SIL, BIL, and several close friends as well as my coworkers because I was pretty sick and I have to take special precautions in the xray department so everyone there could guess anyway by what I had to wear.  We plan on telling the world after our NT on the 6th, at which point I will be in my 13th or 14th week, depending on when we get the results back.  While sometimes I feel silly for not telling everyone since so many people do know, I just really want to keep it at who knows now just in case something were to happen or would have happened up to this point, I just didn't think it was anyone else's business to know beyond who we told, and thankfully, everyone we told kept it pretty tight lipped.
  • I had my 2nd appt and a quickie ultrasound in the dr's office this week and everything was looking good so we told our parents and my SIL yesterday and I'll call my brother today or tomorrow.  DH told his best friend about 2 wks ago when he was visiting but other than that we still haven't told anyone else.  I'd like to wait another few weeks to tell people at work as I'm not showing at all yet, however I'm going on a business trip with my whole team this week and I think they're going to notice if I don't order a glass of wine with dinner.  I could probably brush off one or two nights, but we're going to be away all week.

As a side note, I got so stressed out telling our parents last night.  There was really no reason to, as I knew they'd all be over the moon (this is the 1st grandchild on both sides) but part of me was a little upset to lose our little secret.  I don't really like the spotlight being on me, and I know now I'm going to get a lot of extra attention for the next 7 months.  At least after the baby is born all that attention will be channeled straight towards him or her Big Smile

• our families and close friends know, we'll announce to the world after our U/S on Tuesday 
  • We told our families around 8 weeks and I had to tell work before that due to the fact I work in an animal hospital and I am regularly around the x-ray machines, therefor everyone had to know so that I couldnt take them. Also because we always have to lift heavier dogs and if you are pregnant at my work they wont let you life anything more than 10 pounds! 

my extended family lives about 400 miles away so we sent out these cute "pregnancy announcements" to tell them... i sent them out on thursday so I should be calls here in a little while!  

Mason James 2/23/11 @6:24pm 9lbs 13oz
    imageimage
  • I told immediate family at 6w because I am not one thats able to keep secrets Big Smile I told work last week, we are a small office of 3 girls so it was fun!  As for the facebook world, who really knows.  I dont know when i'll tell because un-telling would be hard. Everything looks great, I just had my 3rd u/s last week but it still is kind of early... 

• Everyone knows now. It was pretty hard to keep it a secret once we found out there were two!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • vflipovflipo member
    I've only told my mom and bio sisters (and boss thanks to some restrictions that keep me from doing my job 100%). I'm thinking I'll tell the rest of the family either tomorrow or after our NT scan on Friday. Then, who knows. Maybe I'll put something on FB after that but I don't want to announce it too soon. Embarrassed
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • We told parents and siblings right away, close friends at 8 weeks, after the first ultrasound, and we will be announcing it at church tomorrow... excited and a little scared!
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"