Pregnant after IF

My boys are HERE!

Harrison and Alexander made their debut early Tuesday morning at 2:45am and 2:46am. 

A quick birth story - I got home from a doctor's appt on Monday with a nagging backache.. nothing contraction-esque and I chaulked it up to preg discomforts...  DH got home around 6:30pm and at 7:15 I felt a giant gush of water.  We got to the hospital in about an hour and they took one look at me and admitted me to an operating room prep room.  Turns out by then I was already fully dialated with contractions coming every min or so (mostly back labor).  They sent off for my eipidural (took about an hour since the L&D was swamped that night) and I have to tell you girls, it was the worst pain I've ever felt!!!  After the epidural, since both babies are head down, we decided to try for a vaginal delivery.  After 4 hours of pushing, it just wasn't happening (Harry was face up, hence the back labor) and my OB gave me the option of pushing more or opting for a section.  Since we didn't know how long pushing would be (esp with Baby B still in there), we went for the section.

I lost a TON of blood with the surgery and ended up in post op recovery for about 16 hours.  Not a pretty sight...

I finally made it to the maternity ward Tuesday night - but I am feeling so much better now.

Our boys are totally worth the 4 IVFs and the horrible labor I had  They are gorgeous and we are so utterly in love.  I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  They were both 6lbs and did not need any NICU time and will be coming home with us on Saturday. 

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: My boys are HERE!

• CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Welcome to the world little Harrison and Alexander (love the names).

I'm sorry that you had a rough go with surgery but I'm so glad that you're feeling better and that'll you'll all be home soon.

I cannot wait to see pics! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations on your boys!!
  • Loading the player...
  • congratulations!!!  So glad you are all healthy and safe!  Enjoy your precious babies :)
    TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats!!! Glad to here all are healthy and that the boys will be coming home with you!
  • YAY!  Congrats, mom - can't wait to see pics!

Sounds like you had quite a birth experience - sorry that your recovery was so long and hard though.

Welcome to the world, Harrison and Alexander!

• Congratulations!!!!!  So exciting!  And no NICU, what a blessing!  So happy for you Smile
    dx'd with severe endo and poor egg quality 3 IUIs were all BFN IVF #1 = c/p IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = beautiful baby girl born 2/2011; 8/2011 Surprise BFP - natural m/c at 8w; TTC #2 2011-2012; 2 IUIs = BFN; IVF #1 = BFP 9dp5dt beta = 328; 11dp5dt = 650; 13dp5dt = 1114; 18dp5dt = 4747 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congrats on your healthy, big baby boys! I'm so sorry labor and recovery were so hard. I hope you are feeling better to enjoy every second with your beautiful babies!

PS- love their names!

TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Congratulations. Gorgeous names too! So glad everyone is happy and healthy and coming home soon! Congrats mama, post pics when life gives you a second to catch up! xo
  • Sorry you had such a difficult labor, but... Congratulations!!! I love the names you picked!
  • Yeah, Congrats to you and your family. I can't wait to see pictures of Harry and Alexander.  I love the names by the way..

Wishing you all the best..XOXOXO

• Congratulations!!!! I am so happy that the boys are healthy and that you are feeling better. Such great names too!!
    TTC (Seriously) from May 2009 IF DX: ? 1st RE appointment- September 2009 Oct 09: Clomid Ovidrel = BFN Nov 09: Clomid Ovidrel Endometrin = BFN Dec 09: Follicular Cysts, BCP to shrink Jan 2010-IUI #1: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin Accupuncture=BFN Feb 2010- Break March 2010- IUI #2: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN April 2010- IUI #3: Gonal-f Ovidrel Endometrin= BFN Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations! Welcome to you baby boys!
    DX: Him: Super sperm Me: Diminished pituitary function due to tumor removed April 2008, MTHFR Hetero C677T & A1298C
    IVF #1-4=BFN IVF #5=BFP! U/S on 5/3 revealed TWINS!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• YAY!!! I was wondering about you - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!!! So happy for you!! I can't wait to see them!!!
  • kme930kme930 member

Congratulations! Welcome Harrison and Alexander!!

Can't wait to see pics! :)

• Congratulations hon! I'm so glad the boys are healthy and you're doing well. Beautiful names. Can't wait to see pics.
  • Congratulations!  I'm so glad you're all doing well!
  • Congratulations on your boys! Beautiful names!
    TTC #1 since August 2007, 3 failed IUI's, first IVF Jan 2010-bfp 1st beta on 01/29/2010 - 871 2nd beta on 2/1/10 -2,651 Twins! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So happy for you!! Can't wait to see pictures!!
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JaGirlJaGirl member
    Congratulations on your big boys! 6lbs is awesome!
  • Congratulations!  Feel well and enjoy your big baby homecoming tomorrow!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • congrats!!!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• Congratulations Mom!

I am so glad taht you and your little boys are doing well. Can't wait to see pics!

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Congratulations on your boys!!! I am sure they are beautiful!! Hope your recovery is quick!!!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"