Breastfeeding

Lansinoh Bags...Leak after Freezing?

It seems that quite a few bags of my frozen stash have a split or leak in them when I thaw them...I'm worried that a good portion of my freezer stash will be unusable. I've been using Lansinoh bags - anyone else have this problem?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lansinoh Bags...Leak after Freezing?

• Mine do this too but I think it's more of when they slide around on tray and I rotate them, the bags break while the milk is frozen.  I would put it in a bowl or something to defrost to catch any leaks.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've never had this happen. I would place it in a tupperware to thaw so you don't lose to much. If you have to warm it up with water put it in a ziplock bag.
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • We haven't had any problems, but I read on here when I was pregnant that people where having problems with leaking after the bags got banged around in the freezer a bit. It sounds like it doesn't take much to cause the bags to leak since they're so thin. The instructions say that they should be handled carefully for this reason.
    We've been careful with them and so far, so good. It could just be luck though.

• How much are you putting in the bags? I remember when a poster was complaining about leaks after she put in 10+ oz. in the 6-oz.-max bag. Sounds like a silly question, but that could be a factor. Smile

I have had one or two leaks with the bags. I handle them carefully when I separate two frozen bags and look at them carefully for rips or holes before I defrost them. If I see trouble spots, I defrost in a container so I don't lose any milk. 2-cup measuring cups are great for this because I can pour it right into a bottle the next day.

imageimage
  • imagemari_gold:

How much are you putting in the bags? I remember when a poster was complaining about leaks after she put in 10+ oz. in the 6-oz.-max bag. Sounds like a silly question, but that could be a factor. Smile

I have had one or two leaks with the bags. I handle them carefully when I separate two frozen bags and look at them carefully for rips or holes before I defrost them. If I see trouble spots, I defrost in a container so I don't lose any milk. 2-cup measuring cups are great for this because I can pour it right into a bottle the next day.

I'm doing 5 oz max in each bag but they have been roughed up a bit in the freezer so that's likely the issue. Sounds like I'll be okay if I thaw them in a clean bowl/container then can just poor the milk from the container into the bottle if it leaks as it thaws.

Thanks, Ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"