Babies: 6 - 9 Months

early to bed

Can't believe I'll be putting DD down for bed around 5pm....not a good napper today!  Does anyone else put their LO down like this when they don't nap well?

Re: early to bed

• DS never naps well. I can get maybe 30 minutes out of him within 2 hours of waking. He goes to bed at 6pm generally. I usually start bedtime when the sleepy cues hit. Trying too early is never a good idea with him. He has to be tired and ready for bed.
  • if DD doesn't nap well i have her in bed by 6:30 the latest and she will sleep until her usual 6-6:30 am wake up. this is the earliest i can seem to get her down with dinner and bath. DD is usually down by 7:30 the latest.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Loading the player...
  • What time do your babies normally go down?
  • I follow a 3-4hr wake time from last nap...so for today she was up at 1:15 mind you she just slept for 30min and just an hour this morning.  Lately she's been sleeping by 6pm.
  • OMG..if I put DS down to sleep that early he would be up by 2am at the latest!

He usually only sleeps from 8 or 9pm to 4am or so.

• I just started reading a random book I found called The 90 minute baby sleep program.

Its pretty interesting. It talks about how babies have an internal sleep clock and that after every 90 mins of being awake, they get sleepy and if you can read their cues then you should be putting your baby to sleep every 90 mins and that will make them nap better and sleep longer at night because you are going by their natural body rhythm. I just started it today. It says too that the earlier they go to bed, the better they sleep because they aren't getting over tired and a new awake cycle hasn't started. Will let you all know how it goes :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageasiabutterfly:

I just started reading a random book I found called The 90 minute baby sleep program.

Its pretty interesting. It talks about how babies have an internal sleep clock and that after every 90 mins of being awake, they get sleepy and if you can read their cues then you should be putting your baby to sleep every 90 mins and that will make them nap better and sleep longer at night because you are going by their natural body rhythm. I just started it today. It says too that the earlier they go to bed, the better they sleep because they aren't getting over tired and a new awake cycle hasn't started. Will let you all know how it goes :)

I'm intrigued.  What ages does this apply to?  Definitely keep us posted.

• imagemilkyway:
    imageasiabutterfly:

I just started reading a random book I found called The 90 minute baby sleep program.

I'm intrigued.  What ages does this apply to?  Definitely keep us posted.

Newborn through toddler years. 

• Ughh I'm in your same boat today... three 30 minute naps for us today!

She sleeps for 1.5-3 hours per nap (usually 2 naps a day) at the sitter's during the week and when she's home with me on the weekends she has been napping terrible the past 2 weeks... It's not that I need the break, it's just that she's miserable when she's awake and I know she NEEDS the sleep!

Needless to say, we had an early bedtime tonight too...

• There is no way we could ever do that with LO. If he goes to bed before 9pm he is up way too early!
  • imageJibbelle:

OMG..if I put DS down to sleep that early he would be up by 2am at the latest!

He usually only sleeps from 8 or 9pm to 4am or so.

This is us exactly! It's hard enough having LO sleep past 5am going to bed at 9pm...LOL.

• Must be in the air...my DS slept great this morning, but his 2nd nap was a big dud. He was SO tired by 6:30 this evening that he went to sleep then. I'm hoping he'll sleep at least until 5, but I'm not gonna hold my breath...
  • Yeah those early bedtimes are naps at our house! She won't stay asleep until 9-10 sometimes 11. I'm a late nighter, so I guess she took after me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"