Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

I'm so tired after weaning??!

DD was slowly cutting down on nursing and then all of the sudden she just lost interest and within 2 weeks went from nursing a couple of times a day to not at all and hasn't looked back since. I was going to stop at 12-14 months anyway so I wasn't too upset. 

It has been about 10 days since her last nursing session. However I have noticed that my energy levels have tanked out.  I'm totally exhausted all of the time.  Shouldn't I have more energy now that I'm not up all night long nursing??! I could literally fall asleep in the middle of the day.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Could it be my hormone levels leveling out?  I googled it and noticed some others have compained about this issue but there really wasn't much response or update to let me know if it goes away.

DD is doing great and I'm so happy for that, I just want to make sure I'm not totally crazy.  TIA for any advice etc.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm so tired after weaning??!

• are your pregnant? (sorry, had to ask)
  • bwralcbwralc member
    Nope not pregnant. Just had my period at the same time she weaned.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebwralc:
    Nope not pregnant. Just had my period at the same time she weaned.

Maybe it's because of your period and weaning?  Hormones do crazy things to us.  

If you're still exhausted after a couple weeks I'd call your doctor and/or evaluate your diet.  I have been really tired lately and I definitely have not been eating well.  I'm also starting iron and B vitamins because I have been anemic in the past so I'm being proactive. 

If you're into drinking teas check out a tea I just found.  It's Yogi brand and it's called Woman's Energy I think.  Wait, I just found a link.

On another note, I've found that recently the more sleep I get the more tired I am.  I guess my body is used to not sleeping since I haven't slept for more than 4 hours at a time for over a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"