Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Bed Time

I'm stepping on MrsRebecca's question below, but nobody answered her question and I was curious about this also after the past few nights DS has gone to bed at 9 or 10 every night.

What time is bed time for LO?  Also, when do you start your bedtime routine and what are the details of it, if you would like to share?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bed Time

• Options

Bed time routine for DD starts at 830.  Lately it has been getting earlier and earlier so I anticipate it to get earlier over the next couple of months.

Routine is:

Bath

Lotion massage & pj's

nurse

read a book

cuddles with me & dh

We put her in her crib drowsy and she talks herself to sleep.

• Options
    As I posted below....She's sleeping by 6pm and sleeps until 5:30-6am STTN.  Her naps are not consistant so she has to have an early bedtime.  I start her routine an hour before w/baby einstein lullaby or something else soothing as we cuddle on the couch then have bath, bottle bed.  I've been doing this for months but as she gets older we'll have to adjust the bottle part of it.  What time does your son sleep until in the am, any night wakenings?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is asleep around 10.  She will not fall asleep any earlier than this no matter how hard I try!  We start her routine around 8.  SO and I play with her for a little while, give her a bath, dress her, read a few books, then I feed her a bottle.  After that I lay her down in her crib. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD's last nap is from 4-5 and we start bedtime at 7.  We do bath, song, story, nurse, and put her in her crib with her lovey.  She puts herself to sleep around 8 and STTN until 6:30-7.

• Options
    We do dinner around 6 (which is messy) then go straight to bath, lotion, pjs.  She gets to play for just a little bit then around 7:30 I take her upstairs and nurse her then put her down awake.  She will often fuss for a few min but unless it's all out crying we don't go back in (if it's not all out crying she puts herself to sleep in just a few min.).  If she's really crying hubs goes up and rocks her a bit then puts her back down or if she didn't nurse well I go back up and give her another chance then put her back down.  She's almost always asleep by 8:15 at the latest. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    CTri17CTri17 member

Bedtime routine starts at 7

well it isn't much of a routine yet.

She gets her diaper changed in relative darkness, takes a bottle from dad, gets burped/rocked for a few minutes and then she is out.

She's asleep by 715-730 most nights.

We will add books in eventually but right now she knows that this signals bedtime

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    We start our bedtime routine at around 5:30, and she is usually asleep by 6:30.  I give her a bath and then we snuggle and nurse before I put her down.  Sometimes she's awake, and sometimes I let her fall asleep at the breast.  It hasn't ever really become a habit for her so I don't worry too much about that.  I also sometimes read her a story before we start the bath, because once we get back into her bedroom all she wants to do is eat and go to sleep.
  • Options
    We usually start the bath at around 8:15 it takes about 15-20 minutes.  Then I nurse DS if he is hungry, read a book, and sing some lullabies.  Sometimes he falls asleep nursing other times I put him down awake.  Bedtime is usually between 8:45 and 9.
  • Options

Depends on if he was at the sitter all day or at home with DH or I but for the most part we do:

Solids at 5/530

Bottle 

Bath - every other night otherwise its change of diaper and into pjs

Book

Bed awake- down by no later than 7pm ( DS was in bed at 550pm tonight because he got up at 6am today) 

No night wakings and is STTN - 12 hours

• Options

Most nights we start at 6:00 but generally we follow his cues so whenever he gets tired, we start bedtime. Sometimes it's 5:00 or 5:30.

I take him up and give him a bath then get jammies on and nurse him. He generally is in bed and asleep by 6:45/7:00.  He sleeps until 6/7 am with one quick feeding during the night.

• Options
    Bedtime starts between 7:30 and 8pm. She gets a warm bath, lotion, PJs, a book, then I nurse her and put her down when she is drowsy. She's usually asleep between 8 and 8:30.
  • Options

bedtime is usually 7-7:30, but his naps have sucked these last few days, so he took an extra one and stayed up till almost 9.  We don't have much of a routine, when he shows signs of sleepiness, I nurse him and we change his clothes/diaper and put him down.  

He wakes up once at night to eat and is up for the day at 7-7:30.  EArlier this summer, he was going back to sleep until 8:30- 9, but not anymore.  :(

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"