Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

LO coughing at night? Worried...

My LO has been sick his fair share with a stomach bug, ear infections, colds, etc...  This week he got a runny nose and was congested and cranky, and we even picked him up from DCP a couple hours early yesterday because of it.  Today he seemed fine, we were out and about all day, still a runny nose but eating and drinking great and in great spirits.  He went to bed around 8 and has been coughing every 10 minutes or so.... I'm wondering if this is normal and the congestion is working its way out.  Anyone been through this?  I am so paranoid about bronchitis/pneumonia and I don't think it's normal to have a cough like this in the middle of the summer.  I'm thinking wait it out until tomorrow and see how he is and possibly take him into a clinic tomorrow, or wait it out until Monday.  WWYD?

Re: LO coughing at night? Worried...

• Options
    Dd has had the same thing since Wednesday. I was a little worried buy then mine and DD1s allergies started acting up yesterday. It's probably just a little cold or allergies. Hopefully he gets better soon though!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Drainage will cause a cough at night. It really depends on what the cough sounds like. Is it barky, whooping or wheezy? or just a regular cough? If it sounds regular, it's probably just a cold. Oh and pneumonia usually has a fever along with it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It would all depend on what kind of cough it is. Pneumonia usually has a fever with it. If there is no fever and just the runny nose, cough it may just be a cold/allergies. Pollen count is higher then usual right now and with the heat it hasnt been helping. If you are concerned I would maybe call the drs after office hours number and see what they say to do.
  • Options
    is he teething?? when ds has a tooth about to pop out he gets a runny nose, and the doc said that he has post nasal drip which causes the cough all night!!  good luck! 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"