Toddlers: 24 Months+

When can DD visit friend's newborn?

Or, more accurately, when can I take DD with me to see my friend and her two-month-old baby? It's getting hard to schedule visits when I'm not with DD, and I'd rather take her. I'm just not sure what protocol is ...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When can DD visit friend's newborn?

• ask your friend!! to me, I'd just make sure visitors are healthy- easy as that. it's not like they'll be playing together, your dd will probably look at her and say baby, then go play with something. :-)
  • A few of my friends came over to hang out with us when my DD was just a few days old. And brought their LOs. But I also took my baby out immediately, so I am probably of a different mindset than your friend. I would just ask her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD didn't see my nephew until he was 4 almost...5 months old. I also made sure that DD wasn't sick. DD could care less about the baby!

• Just ask your friend what she is comfortable with.  As long as your LO is healthy there are no issues.
  • Yup, like the others. Ask your friend.  Does she have older kids?  My girls went with me to bring a friend a dinner when her LO was 8 or 9 days old (maybe younger).  I asked ahead of time, of course, and told her I could bring a late dinner over if they wanted me to leave the girls home with DH.  This is their second and their oldest is friends with DD#2 so they were happy for a temporary distraction and playmate.  Of course, I would never ever bring the girls over if they showed any signs of being sick or if the mom wasn't 100% comfortable with it.
  • As long as your child doesn't have any illnesses, I don't see a problem with them seeing them as long as the baby is healthy and has had no health problems thus far.  We went and visited our friend's baby in the hospital.  With their first child my daughter had a cold, so I wouldn't even think of taking her. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"