2nd Trimester

Need maternity clothes for work (teacher)!

Hi all!  I am a teacher due December 17th, yay! I do not need to dress formally in suits but I do need some nice outfits for orientation day, 1st day of school, Picture Day, Back to School Night etc. I would usually wear dresses or nice skirts but obviously none of those from last year fit!

Any suggestions on where to buy reasonably priced maternity dresses/clothes?

I did get 2 dresses from Motherhood on sale but does anyone have anywhere else they recommend?

Thanks! 

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Re: Need maternity clothes for work (teacher)!

• erbearerbear member
    I get my maternity school clothes from the Gap (casual stuff - khakis, sweaters, cords) and my dressier stuff from Ann Taylor (nice pants, nice tops, dresses). More expensive than Motherhood, but nicer stuff.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I found a couple pieces at Kohl's, JC Penny's, and Target, but I buy most stuff at Motherhood.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ekmebmekmebm member

JC Penny's actually has a pretty decent "teaching appropriate" selection of maternity clothes. They're not super trendy or sexy...but they're professional looking and reasonably priced.

I'm a teacher and I plan on getting some things from there. Old Navy has some cute work appropriate stuff too.

Kate & Eric Married 10.10.09

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gap (plus their stuff goes on sale fairly quickly which is nice), Forever 21 has maternity now too, and I think Ann Taylor loft has maternity too. Target has good basics too. I got my work pants from there cause I didn't want to spend $80 on them.
  • I am also due in December. Our local thrift stores always have a good selection of maternity clothes. You can always look there.
  • Believe it or not I got some REALLY cute stuff off of craigslist. Maternity clothes are SO expensive, so I decided I wouldn't buy new unless I had to. The girl worked at a dentists office so she had to be business casual. I would DEF check on there before shelling out these crazy prices!

• I got a lot of work clothes at Kohl's and they are always having a sale or Kohl's cash. Target has lots of cute maternity dresses.
  • I'd go to Motherhood. Thankfully we have uniforms otherwise I'd be very stressed!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm also a teacher due 12/17!  I found a couple of cute dresses at Target that weren't anymore than $20.  I plan to wear those for open house and the first day of school. 
  • My mother (who I love for this) got on ebay and brought over an entire box of maternity slacks and shirts for work!  I need to look through them since I only have two weeks until I go back to school (work)!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I shop at motherhood frequently, but I absolutely love the Liz Lange maternity line at Target. I work for the government and I have to dress nicely for work everyday, though I've never been a big fan of suits. The Liz Lange line is perfect for me, and I check my local Target every couple of weeks and they always have new stuff!
  • I go to a motherhood outlet near me, the outlet is seriously 1/2 the price of the store! Also, sears has some great deals on maternity clothes and I've been able to find non-maternity shirts and dresses that work well!
  • I just *popped* yesterday so needed to shop today for work appropriate clothing. I went to Sears and found a TON of great things. I also work in a school so they are dressy/casual. All of the shirts I bought were on sale for $10 and I also got a few pairs of nice dressy pants!
  • I'm also a teacher due December 17!  How funny that there are three of us!

I can't recommend anything because, as a plus sized momma, I have very limited options- Motherhood, JC Penney, and Old Navy are about it for me.  I got some cute stuff at JC Penney that I like.  

Also, I'm starting to think about shoes.  All of mine from last year are pretty beat up, and some aren't so comfortable because my feet are already swelling some.  I got so frustrated at Kohl's yesterday because I couldn't find even one pair of shoes that even fit me, never mind shoes that fit and were comfortable.

• I'm due in November and just finished 3 weeks of summer school.  Man was I surprised on my third day of teaching to realize that I only had 1 pair of work appropriate maternity pants!

I actually found that the majority of my dresses still fit, and look really cute with my bump.  I will be wearing those a lot for the first month when it is still warm. 

JCPenney has been great for capris so far, but I am still trying to find pants - I am plus sized and tall.

Target has some great skirts in the regualr section with elastice waists that I have been buying up a size and I think they will continue to fit for a while.

• Kohls.  They sell Motherhood brand.  If you catch them on a sale, the prices are good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"