Babies: 0 - 3 Months

When to put LOs on a "schedule"?

I'm just curious when you ladies are going to start a routine or schedule for daytime with your LOs. ?For example, designated morning nap time, afternoon nap time, consistent "play" time, etc. ?I'm struggling with when to start really trying to do this. ?Don't want to force them into something too soon, but don't want to wait too long either!

TIA!?

Re: When to put LOs on a "schedule"?

• last week i started doing the EASY (baby whisperer book) routine and now we're starting to incorporate a bath every night as part of the bedtime routine. 
  • I just started reading Baby Wise today. They say you can start loosely scheduling at 2 weeks. I feel behind already, my twins are 11 weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is a little over 6 weeks old and has basically put herself on a schedule. She eats every 3 hours....plays for about an hour after eating....sleeps for an hour or so and then does it all over again. She goes to bed at around 11pm and sleeps until about 5am, eats and then sleeps until about 8am or so until she is "up" for the day. This happened with DD #1 as well. I think when they are ready they will set set their schedule. GL 1ht
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • From about the third week I tried to begin the "Baby Wise" three hour sleep-feed-wake routine. We consistently fed her every three hours, but it wasn't until about two and a half months when she started the full routine with nap and wake time in each three-hour cycle.

• I'm going to try and start this next week to help ease myself and DS into a feeding schedule that works for us both when I return to school
  • imagerenee*aiden:
    I'm going to try and start this next week to help ease myself and DS into a feeding schedule that works for us both when I return to school

Your DS looks like he's playing air guitar in that first picture. Cute!

• DD put herself on a schedule around 6 wks.  It just took me a little time to pick up on it.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • To save my sanity I started a sch. around 2 MO. He get's up around 6am back down at 8 and then he takes small cat naps then he goes back down at 12 for a 2 hr. nap. I am a huge stickler when it comes to a sleep sch. My DD is still on a sleep sch. 
  • We started using the baby whisperer EASY routine at about 7-8 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"