Parenting after a Loss

Zoloft withdrawal? (NBR)

Does anyone know about withdrawals from Zoloft?  My husband stopped taking his Zoloft a week ago, and I've noticed him being increasingly irritable and short fused.  I'm wondering if the two are related.  I'm doing some research but thought I would ask if anyone has any first hand experience.

TIA!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Zoloft withdrawal? (NBR)

• Yes you do have withdrawals. I'm on Zoloft now but I haven't tried to get off of it so not sure about that one but I used to take Paxil and when I got off of it it was awful. I had to get back on it and ween myself off very slowly..it took a few months to get totally off of it.
  • Definitely. I was taking Zoloft when I was dating DH, and when I went off it abruptly we almost broke up. Only time we thought it might not work out.
  • Loading the player...
  • It takes a matter of days to withdrawal from zoloft, or rather have a rebound of depression that caused the need for the zoloft in the first place.  I'd talk to your husband and see how's he's doing.  Why did he stop his zoloft?
    TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• He went off simply because he wanted to.  I have no better answer than that.  The doctor put him on it in December and told him to stay on it until after Emberlyn was born.  He decided last week he was good to go off it.

I did just talk to him about it.  He says that he's fine, but his whole attitude is different.  He also said it has nothing to do with going off the Zoloft, but he went off it temporarily a few months ago (and his doctor promptly told him to get back on it) and this happened at that time too.

• ugh!  I hope things improve around your house, and that he wises up and makes another appointment with his doctor, or gets back on the Zoloft.
    TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards