Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Wait, so we can start to wean off bottle around before 1 yr?

This is in regards to the post below...

My son, for some reason, has been refusing his bottle. It takes him about 2 hours to finish a 7 bottle! It's a different story with his sippy. I put some water in there and he chugs every last drop. Should I go ahead and put formula in his sippy and see how he does with it?

Also, when they start drinking whole milk, do they just use the milk to sip throughout the day or is it like formula where they use it as their main source of food?

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy

Re: Wait, so we can start to wean off bottle around before 1 yr?

• 2 hours is way too long to finish a bottle.  It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or technically he's burning more calories just sucking on the bottle than what's coming out of it.

Put it in his sippy cup and see if he takes it better that way.  Or try to just give him 4oz at a time in the bottle instead of 7.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I cant answer any other questions you have but i know DS is a lot slower than DD whne he drinks bc he is tounge tied.  I have to really keep an eye on what stage nipple i am using for him.  I agree with PP if he is happier with a sippy i dont see the harm honestly but you might want to see what stage nipple he is using. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DD started to hate/reject bottles around 8 months, thus why we switched to straw cups after 9 months.
  • We switched to Level 3 this past week and the first few days were great, it seemed like the problem was solved. But now he's back to refusing it again.Sad Honestly, I think he's just more interested in squirming out of my arms so that he can get back to playing with his toys. Blah.
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • If he does better w/ a sippy, then go for it! I'm considering transitioning DD soon (seeing how it goes) because she seems to be getting mad at her bottles lately, like it's too slow; and making the nipples collapse she's sucking so hard!

As far as whole milk, you give it to them w/ a meal. It's no longer their main source of food, but you also don't want them sucking on it all day because 1) it's bad for their teeth, and 2) you don't want them filling up on milk and not eating well. Plus, you're supposed to limit it to no more then 24oz a day because too much milk (iron) can inhibit the absorption of other vitamins and minerals. HTH :)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"