March 2011 Moms
Options

anyone had to go out yet and act "normal"

i have to go out tonight and meet DH and lots of friends at the bar. it's their annual golf tournament and afterward there is always dinner and a party. this year we are meeting at a bar downtown. it is going to be very odd for me not to have a drink or two (or three Wink) with everyone. i was thinking of getting like a seltzer water or even sprite with a twist of lime so it looks like a cocktail. i even thought about confiding in the bartender and having them make me cocktail looking drinks without the alcohol. i dont want to be outted tonight even though normally i would not care because my DH's exwife will be there and if she finds out she will tell my 2 SS's (or will accidentally talk about it and they just happen to over hear). we don't want the boys to know until i am safely in the 2nd tri. they dont even know that DH and i have been trying. not to mention im not looking forward to be at a crowded bar with tons of drunk people when i dont feel good and am so tired! nothing like drunks when you are stone sober! :-)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone had to go out yet and act "normal"

• Options
    lol i know exactly what you mean about being stone sober. I went out the other night with H's friends too and I just did what you mentioned with the sprite. They'll be too drunk to notice. They will probably notice how much you yawn if you're anything like I was the other night. whoops!
    Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had to do this thankfully.  I hope tonight isn't too bad for you.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could also order a cranberry juice and sprite with a lime (instead of a cranberry vodka) or o'doul's.  GL!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had to do this a few weeks ago for a bachelorette party. I pulled aside two bartenders to let them know I'd be drinking their Non-Alcoholic beer (O'Douls or Buckler's) and they put it in a plastic cup for me. That way, when I came up to the bar, I could order a beer, but watch the bartender pour an NA instead. ;) 

Annnnnd, my friends all drank to excess (of course) and no one noticed at all that I was tired and a bit irritated instead of drunk and exhausted. :)

Good luck! 

• Options
    I went to a wedding the day I got my BFP.  Had to test before I went to make sure I didn't drink.  They did a champagne toast, and when I didn't partake in it, my friend sitting next to me figured it out.  I drank bottled water all night.  She's the only one that picked up on it though, and I swore her to secrecy.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OscarQOscarQ member

I hope tonight went well for you.  I've had to act normal twice.  Thursday night I had a bunch of friends over and today I had a family party.  I slugged water on Thursday, claiming dehydration due to yard work earlier in the day (not a lie) and then sipped a glass of wine later in the evening - making sure everyone saw me - figured I bought myself at least another month if I lay low.

Today at the family party I was able to use my 7 month pregnant sister as an excuse - she's too tired to be the DD so I had to abstain. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"