Austin Babies
Options

WWYD: re Laugh n Learn home w/ a quirk

The boys got one of those FP Laugh and Learn homes for Christmas last year.  Around May I noticed that when you moved the address number 2 into place, it said "3".  All the other numbers are correct.

So, being me, I called FP about it and they had me disconnect some junk and unplug something and test some theories out, to no avail.  It still says "3" when the number is on 2.  

They told me they'd send me a shipping label and I'd just have to send in the green base and they'd send me a whole new LnL home.  They forgot to send the label, so I called again and it's in my email waiting to be printed out.

My question:  is it THAT big a deal?  To me, I'm wondering if the boys will be playing with this thing when they'll be learning their numbers (that would be confusing, yes?  To see a 2 and yet, hear 3?)  It will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the new one and the boys really like playing w/ this thing still so I'm loathe to take it away from them for that long.  But then again, maybe when the new one comes, it'll be revitalized and they'll love it once more?  Or will the magic die?  OMG, I am overrun with questions!

So tell me, if your LnL home had a quirk like the one ours has, would you be sending yours in?  Would you wait til later (I don't think I've got a time limit)?  I just don't know what to do.

:)

Re: WWYD: re Laugh n Learn home w/ a quirk

• Options
    send it in. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would send it in. I just requested a return label from FP to send something back and somewhere in all the mumbo jumbo it said you only have 30 days to return it. For one thing I would be concerned about the confusion between what it says and what they see and for another when I went to sell it later I would feel obligated to tell the buyer about the problem and I think it might make it harder to sell.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would send it! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Eh.  I'd probably keep it.  Sending it in requires way too much effort on my part.  It won't delay them from kindergarten because of the messed up numbers  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKim777:
    For one thing I would be concerned about the confusion between what it says and what they see and for another when I went to sell it later I would feel obligated to tell the buyer about the problem and I think it might make it harder to sell.

I concur.

ETA: I only meant to concur about the resale value ;)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd send it in, but for your guys, the damage has probably already been done. You'll want to delay K by AT LEAST a year, maybe two.
  • Options

imagemcurban:
    I'd send it in, but for your guys, the damage has probably already been done. You'll want to delay K by AT LEAST a year, maybe two.

Oh hell no.  No way am I keeping them at home longer than necessary.  I'll try to rectify the damage done.  I'm keeping it on music mode so they don't even know that those numbers even mean anything!  I'll keep 'em in the dark about numbers completely so it'll be new and fun once school rolls around.

I think I'm going to send it in.  I definitely want to be able to sell it when the boys are done w/ it.  I'll just hope they enjoy it again when it gets back and don't miss it too terribly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"