Parenting after a Loss

Anyone make their own baby food?

I purchased a babycook baby food maker, and was just wondering if anyone had any tips that they wish they would have known before making their own food?  Thanks.
Our little angel went to heaven at 6w3d Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone make their own baby food?

• It is super easy.  We just used our food processor, so not sure how your food maker is different than that.  I picked up the Baby Food Bible, which was helpful.  You can find out a lot at wholesomebabyfood.com.  I never did meat, because it grossed me out to puree meat.  GL!  
  • I should say make big batches and freeze a bunch.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not too many tips.  I have a baby cookbook, and I just follow the recipes on there.  Pay attention to if you can freeze it or not.  We are doing organic for baby, so I head to the fresh produce and freezer sections of the grocery store.  Also, head to your local farmers' market.  I tried doing broccoli, and it was coming out really grainy, so I had to take it out of the KidCo blender and put it in my food processer.  Haven't tried meats because they say it's hard to get the right consistency, but I have heard you can blend it with pears to make it better.  I steam all produce to keep as many nutrients as possible.  Good luck!  It's kinda fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with pp it is easy. I just use a hand held blender. Make it in batches, but don't go crazy with the amount, as you shouldn't keep them ore than a month.

www.wholesomebabyfood.com was and is my bible! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"