3rd Trimester

poop and problems (sorry tmi warning)

hate to bring up such a glorious subject but i gotta ask. I have been having diarrhea for the last 5 days everyday (only twice a day i have ibs usually dont go everyday) anyway. I have also had slight cramping and tightness and just plain yuckie feeling also but that also comes in waves . so my question is should i call the doc or wait to see if i still have this poopie problem on monday and call. the reason im unsure is my whole extended family has had some kind of bug that has been floating around the area so i dont know if maybe its just that. I am super hydrated(im talking like 64oz of water a day) so i dont think its that im dehydrated but ugh has anyone had anything like this or do i just have a bug?

Re: poop and problems (sorry tmi warning)

• I'm guessing it's just a bug...actually though diarreah can cause you to have contractions/more braxton hicks.  It's all the bloating down there that pushes on your uterus.  But you should just call your OB and run it by in case they want to see you.  Even if you are drinking the normal amount of water per day it's not enough when you have diarreah because your body does not absorb it as well.  Being dehydrated can also cause cramping/contractions.  Just call to be on the safe side :)  GL hope you feel better soon!!
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • thanks good to know . I never really had BH's with DD so maybe thats what i am feeling . blahh thank you for the help
  • Loading the player...
  • Generally for extended periods of diarrhea you should talk to your doctor. As long as you're keeping hydrated you should be able to avoid serious complications and you could probably wait until Monday to call, unless you also have fever or chills, headache etc...

Also, are you having diarrhea, like explosive, signal of illness diarrhea? Or is it more like just really loose stools a couple of times a day? If it's more like just really loose stools without that "OMG" feeling it may just be something in your diet that your body doesn't really like now that you're pregnant.

• imagesassy0930:

Generally for extended periods of diarrhea you should talk to your doctor. As long as you're keeping hydrated you should be able to avoid serious complications and you could probably wait until Monday to call, unless you also have fever or chills, headache etc...

Also, are you having diarrhea, like explosive, signal of illness diarrhea? Or is it more like just really loose stools a couple of times a day? If it's more like just really loose stools without that "OMG" feeling it may just be something in your diet that your body doesn't really like now that you're pregnant.

no fever or chills just got dizzy a couple of times. Good point about the food thing. see i knew asking you ladies would make me think of other things that could cause this. I am defiantly going to call monday i am going to see how i feel when i wake up tomorrow and if i feel really bad i will call the on call doc. i always hate to because i know how it is to be the doc on call. My dad is a family practitioner and i saw how it interrupted his life so i dont want to be annoying.

• I feel your pain. The exact same thing happened to me. I think it was around 28-29 weeks. I had diarrhea for six straight days! My OB told me to stay hydrated and if it continued for 7 days, they wanted me to come in so they could do some tests and rule out infection. Luckily, it went away by the 7th day. My OB told me that hormones can cause bouts of diarrhea. Looking back, I blame it on the massive amount of strawberries I ate the day before it started. Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"