Babies: 0 - 3 Months

BF momas

1) How much milk do you have frozen? I have 120oz but feel thats not nearly enough!!!!

2) How long do you plan to BF? I plan to BF for a yr.

3) What are you doing to keep your milk supply up? I drink tons of water and I pump after some feedings for 15mins

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BF momas

• 1) How much milk do you have frozen? 50 or 60 oz

2) How long do you plan to BF? I hope a year.  I've had mastitis 3x in the last 8 weeks and they're getting concerned about me being on antibiotics too much....

3) What are you doing to keep your milk supply up? Nothing really, unless not working out counts.  I'm paranoid about exercise!  I do drink the Mother's Milk tea the weekends I work, it increases my pumping yield by 3 oz.  Otherwise I don't get enough to replace what LO is taking while I'm away - pumping between 2 and 10 PM sucks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• 1) How much milk do you have frozen?  Not sure the exact amount, but I have a ton.

2) How long do you plan to BF? My goal is a year.

3) What are you doing to keep your milk supply up?  I eat extra calories and drink tons of water.  I've been lucky to have a really good supply of BM.

• Loading the player...
  • 1.) i have about 18oz frozen lol. Now that dd will be returning to daycare on monday after it being closed since the day ds was born (NOT ideal!) i will be able to focus a little more on pumping and starting a routine in time to return to work. i never usually had more than 36-40oz frozen at a time with dd either though. just didn't find it necessary to have that much extra on hand, and we didn't have the room in our freezer.

2.)  i plan to BF for as long as we can up to a year.

3.) i'm not doing anything other than staying hydrated like i normally would, and eating a balanced diet like i normally would. when i pump i usually do 10 minutes on each side about 30 minutes to an hour after a feeding. i can usually get 7-8oz combined in one session.

kellymom.com has been a nice resource :)

• 1.) I have 75oz frozen but that is for donation. I am a SAHM so DD is pretty much always with me. If I do have to leave her I just pump a fresh bottle for DH to use. The milk bank wants a donation of at least 200ozs so that is my goal!!

2.) I will BF for 1 year

3.) Not too much other than drink tons and tons of water! I also drink the mother's milk tea but just because I always have hot tea with breakfast and before bed so I just changed to that brand. I pump after her first feed in the morning and right before getting into bed. She has started sleeping longer at night so I might still set my alarm and pump the feed she doesn't wake so that I can get my donation stash up faster! I usually pump 10ozs a day.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebsmerelda@yahoo.com:

1) How much milk do you have frozen? None 

2) How long do you plan to BF? Until LO weans himself but not longer than 2 years.

3) What are you doing to keep your milk supply up? Feed on demand, drink plenty of water, eat healthy, stay healthy in general

• imageStarlitRN:

1.) I have 75oz frozen but that is for donation. I am a SAHM so DD is pretty much always with me. If I do have to leave her I just pump a fresh bottle for DH to use. The milk bank wants a donation of at least 200ozs so that is my goal!!

2.) I will BF for 1 year

3.) Not too much other than drink tons and tons of water! I also drink the mother's milk tea but just because I always have hot tea with breakfast and before bed so I just changed to that brand. I pump after her first feed in the morning and right before getting into bed. She has started sleeping longer at night so I might still set my alarm and pump the feed she doesn't wake so that I can get my donation stash up faster! I usually pump 10ozs a day.

Wow that is awesome you are doing that!!!!!!

• 12 oz, I know, I know...

1 year is the goal.

Fenugreek 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have about 40 oz frozen but I read today that freezing destroys some of the enzymes so I'm not sure I'll be freezing anymore. I will be pumping at work so I should be able to pump for the next days feedings. I plant to go for 6 months and we will see from there. I eat oatmeal every morning and drink water. Sorry for formatting, on my iPhone
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • 1) How much milk do you have frozen?  I am so sad to say that I only have about 80-90 oz frozen.  I did have about another 300 oz, but my deep freezer got unplugged and it thawed out before I realized it, so I had to throw it all away. 

2) How long do you plan to BF?  I would love to BF for 1 year.  I made it to 12 months with DS1, so hopefully it will work out again for me!

3) What are you doing to keep your milk supply up?  Drink a lot of water.  I try to pump after some feedings, but it is hard with a 3 yr old running around!

• 1) How much milk do you have frozen?  Not sure, but I have a ton!

2) How long do you plan to BF? 6 months at the least, but ideally I would like to for a year

3) What are you doing to keep your milk supply up? Nothing really, I haven't had any issues so far.  I do try to drink plenty of water and I pump twice a day on top of nursing.

• 1. like 3 oz, lol.  i need to get on the stick.

2.  hopefully a year

3. i'm really trying to eat a lot.  sounds stupid but i lost too much weight with my first and my supply suffered accordingly.  

• 1) How much milk do you have frozen? I'm a slacker, about 15 oz.  I don't think I'll ever find it necessary to amass a giant frozen stash though.  She seems to take the fresh stuff easier anyway.2) How long do you plan to BF? at least a year depending on how it's going.3) What are you doing to keep your milk supply up? Obscene amounts of water, healthy eating, pumping 1-2 times a day after feedings.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • 1) How much milk do you have frozen? 96oz2) How long do you plan to BF? Hopefully 1 to 2 yrs3) What are you doing to keep your milk supply up? Staying hydrated, eating healthy, and having the occasional bowl of oatmeal for breakfast
  • 1) How much milk do you have frozen? none.

2) How long do you plan to BF? I plan to BF for at least 6 mos.

3) What are you doing to keep your milk supply up? I drink tons of water & fruit and I let LO eat as often as she wants and let her comfort suck for quite awhile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1.  Probably 30 ounces, but we have a very small freezer and I don't go back to work til November.

2.  As long as we're both happy with it, probably a year, but we'll see maybe longer maybe shorter.

3.  Nothing.  I have over-supply.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"