TTC After a Loss
Options

WWYD? BD mentioned

I had my D&C about 18 days ago. I had my post op on Monday and asked the Dr. if we really had to wait 2 MORE weeks to have sex.  She said "lets compromise" you can start having sex next monday (2 days from now).  I really wan to BD with my DH tonight or tomorrow (he is working monday and i feel like we won't have time until NEXT weekend).  Do you think it would be terrible if we BD sooner then later? Last D&C I only had to wait 2 weeks.  What would make this different (different Dr. did this one).  What could go wrong? I am not spotting or anything anymore and havn't for over a week.  TIA> 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD? BD mentioned

• Options

Did you ask why he wanted you to wait?

BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No... I figured it was for healing purposes but she told me that the D&C went text book with not much bleeding or anything. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor said two weeks to have sex but checked me to make sure before I got the official go ahead. If your cervix is not all the way closed you might be asked to wait longer to prevent infection. Did your doctor say that you were not closed yet?
    DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • Options
    That is a tough one.  I would really try to follow the Dr's suggestion - there seems to be a reason to it.  But then again, you think, what is 2 days?  I have never been through a D&C, so I am unaware of what the healing process is like.  I would think if you feel up to it, and you don't think 2 days would make a difference... then do it!?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • Options
    OB didn't do an exam becuase she said since i felt great and didn't have any spotting there was no need.  The last one the other Dr. did an internal and thats when he said we are good to go.  Maybe she is just being cautious since she didn't do an internal. 
  • Options
    My dr told me that after my d&c to wait until I was done bleeding and then after that should be fine, I think it was because then my cervix wasn't open anymore so much much less risk for infection...but that was my dr and my experience though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Options

I don't know. If it were me, I'd wait especially because the doctor compromised with you and really wanted you to wait longer. Sometimes, when you ask doctors will say "oh, well the only reason I wanted you to wait was for emotional healing" and your doc didn't say that. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options
    I would probably wait too, I wouldn't want to run the risk of something happening. The anticipation will make it even better if you do have to wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"