Babies: 0 - 3 Months

BFers is anyone losing weight like mad?

I am close to the skinniest I've ever been...and seem to just be losing more.  A few days this past week I was incredibly emotional and ate entire sleeve of oreos each day on top of three good sized, but healthy meals and STILL feel smaller this weekend.  I hope I don't get flamed for this...but I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

My LO doesn't seem to going through a growth spurt, but if he is and eating more this would warrant the extra calories on my part, correct?  

Re: BFers is anyone losing weight like mad?

• I wish....I seem to be staying the same and need to still lose about 15lbs to get back to pre-pregnancy....ehhhh
    ~*~AvidVertigo from back in the day ~*~
    DS - May 2010
    DD - June 2013
    TTC since January 2016
    Cycle #9

• i ate a sleeve of oreos tonight lol!!

i am at pre-pg weight already, and i credit EBFing and a daily walk with the babies. i have the appetite of a football team! you're right...your body needs the extra calories and you are burning them! no flame here, we're in the same boat!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not one of the lucky ones, I haven't lost an ounce in 6 weeks and I'm still 10 lbs away from pp weight. I also started my period at 5 weeks pp and have had 2 periods already! I just started weight watchers so I'm hoping that helps.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • I'm not losing weight that fast, but I am steadily losing. I gained a ton, so I have a long way to go. Though my stomach looked more normal early on compared to some other postpartum moms due to BFing. 

And I tried to be extra healthy and start funning but it has fallen through. It is hard to find the time at this point.

I think BFing is supposed to burn 300 extra cal? I'm not trying to replace those, but I am just eating most whatever I want. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yep I'm in the same boat I'm 5 lbs. lighter than my prepregnancy weight and it sucks! I feel too skinny! but I'm like OP I have an appetite of an entire football team! LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lost all 25lbs in the first 2 weeks.... now if i can lose about 5 more id be happy.

1ht

• I was at first...now its lagged off. At times I have no appetite though and feel nauceus(sp?)  about twice a day. I started getting out more to see if that would jump start either my appetite or weight loss (figure working out/ walking can only help...)

• I am 7 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight!  I am glad though, because I was overweight to start with and would love to keep losing weight. 
  • Yes! I'm about 4lbs away from my pre-preg. weight. NEVER expected it to come off this fast. I was planning on going on WW but now I don't need to.
    Andrew James born 7/9/10 @ 7:13pm - 7lbs 14oz & 20in Baby #2: EDD 11/2/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I lost all of the 33 lbs I gained while pregnant within 7 weeks.  I am pretty certain I'm still losing which is fine because I had gained weight before getting pregnant.  I pump 8 times a day due to the fact DD won't BF so I express as much milk as possible.  Funny thing, I don't think I'm any more hungry than usual.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Hope that happens to me! I've already lost 20+lbs of pregnancy weight, but I gained a lot thanks to pre-e and water retention.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• BFab11BFab11 member
    I'm losing quick, but I'm on a dairy and soy free diet, so I'm eating very healthy and EBFing.
  • I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant!
  • I gained about 30 pounds during pregnancy and lost 24 pounds in the first 2 weeks.  Unfortunately I've been stuck there for 5 weeks and have only lost 1.5 pounds these last 5 weeks and I had to start walking daily to do that.  I feel pretty lucky though.  With lot of women I know..its taken them years to lose the weight.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I'm already under my pre-pg weight.  I have about 8lbs to go to get back to where I want to be, hopefully I'll lose that too!
  • It seems like I am, but I'm not sure - I don't own a scale in my home :-P But I am curious! Maybe I should pay a visit to Bed Bath and Beyond and find out haha

• i'm already 3lbs below my pre pregnancy weight.  i ended up 10lbs below with my first, and my supply started tanking.  i usually weigh around 120, so i don't exactly have a lot to spare.
  • I am exactly 4 weeks post partum tomorrow and have lost 30 of the 39 lbs I gained - I am very excited about it!  I haven't done anything other than try to eat fairly healthy and BF.
  • I'll be 3 weeks pp on Monday and as of 5 days ago, I had lost 33 of the 35lbs I had gained.  So I'm sure the other 2lbs are gone by now.

I actually have very little appetite since being home with LO.  I've got a bit of the baby blues and just being so busy and occupied with learning how to be a mom, I've kind of just forgotten to eat several times.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • I'm jealous of ALL of you! I'm stuck at a weight, regardless of what I do.  Weight has never come off from bfing.  SUCKS!
    Lovin' Life: M+D 7/06, T 1/08, B 5/10
    Getting back to it- my diet and exercise blog
    Losing it...Without Losing it
  • Yes! I lost the 25lbs I gained in the first 2 weeks. I was shocked! Especially because when I first got home from the hospital i'd only lost about 9lbs...that made me nervous! Now I almost feel like I need to make an effort to eat more.
  • imageMere7706:
    I'm jealous of ALL of you! I'm stuck at a weight, regardless of what I do.  Weight has never come off from bfing.  SUCKS!

I had to start running to the weigt off, ebf doesnt do it for me either

TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • For some reason,EPing causes my metabolism to go into hyperdrive.  I had the same thing happen when I EPed for DD. I eat as much as possible to try and keep the weight on, but nothing works and I'm starving constantly.

I am actually not happy about loosing the weight so quickly.  It makes me look unhealthy and I wanted to keep some of my pregnancy weight on.

Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • Not quite like mad, I think I've leveled off and need to start exercising, but a lot of weight fell off fairly quickly.
  • I'm jealous!  I lost 20 pounds the first 2 weeks PP, but have been pretty much stuck since then despite exercise every day.  I'm hoping more will start coming off soon!  I have about 20 pounds to go. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"