Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Ts&Ps, please

I realize there are worse things in the world, but right now, this is my nightmare.

DS has had 4 ear infections in as many months.  We saw ENT Wednesday and scheduled him for tubes on 8/9.  While he was at DCP yesterday, he was in awful pain.  We are rotating Motrin and Tylenol... he's basically getting something every 3 hours.  I called and rescheduled his surgery for 8/3.  I seriously don't know how we're going to make it that long.

He won't sleep, isn't eating his normal amount, and has been feverish for at least a week (even with the meds).  I called pedi today and he called in a different and stronger antibiotic, but said he doesn't want to prescribe anything else for pain.  All day he was just sitting there with empty eyes because he's so exhausted.  The only time he sleeps is in the car, but we eventually stop driving and the second you move him, he's awake.  I am a fountain of tears because I'm just so upset that I can't do anything else for him.  He's getting hives (which I think is from the Motrin) and is sealing his lips shut when we come at him with any medication... he can even taste it if I put it with a similar flavored food.  Tuesday seems so far away...

Oh, and today FIL would have been 60.  I never met him... he passed away from skin cancer 16 years ago, but he was an awesome man.  And it's all over FB.  I wish I could have met him.

I'm just sad... and it's not even PMS... AF is done for the month!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ts&Ps, please

• Options
    Wow, sounds like you day is going pretty bad. I am so sorry about your LO. I hope he feels better soon. Please keep us posted.
  • Options

I am so sorry.  There is nothing worse than seeing your LO in pain and not being able to make it better.  I hope he starts feeling better very soon. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"