Washington Babies

what would you pay a part time Nanny?

I have been looking for a part time nanny job for the school year and my mother in law asked if I would be interested in doing it for a co-worker on maternity leave (not interested:) ) anyways she asked what I would charge. Its such a awkward question because I have no idea what people pay and don't want to sound greedy or charge to little. If you have a Nanny or thinking of getting one, what would you pay someone part time? TIA :)

Re: what would you pay a part time Nanny?

• I've been interviewing nannies all week, and the pay ranges have been $8 to $20 an hour.

The other thing you need to decide is whether you want to do taxes and social security.  We are going to do everything above board, so that can count as an extra benefit - we'll be contributing to our nanny's social security.

Let me know if you need a part time afternoon job in Woodinville!!

Also, look at the care.com site, you'll see what other nannies are offering and doing.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a part-time nanny - 3 days per week for 9 hours each day and we pay her $13/hour. She only watches the twins but occassionally watches the 4 year old too at the same rate.  We found her through Care.com. She is FANTASTIC!!
  • Loading the player...
  • A friend of mine watches my DD on occasional Mondays from 6:30am - 8pm and we pay her $75.  Now I feel cheap :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"