December 2010 Moms

Nesting has started....

I've made GREAT progress in the spare room. All of my teaching supplies are now in the attic which is a little bitter sweet.

The closet is almost cleared out. Little Miss Paige will have to share a corner of her closet with Mommy's combat boots and Army gear. Now we have to clean out the chest of drawers and move furniture around. 

After that it's all about painting and getting the baby gear in there. It's feeling really real now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nesting has started....

• nice!  I wish I'd hit the nesting phase there is so much stuff I need to get done around the house and I just. don't. feel. like it.
  • imagebabyonthebrain2010:
    nice!  I wish I'd hit the nesting phase there is so much stuff I need to get done around the house and I just. don't. feel. like it.

Oh I don't feel like it either. I have been doing a little bit at a time and it felt like there was NO progress. And then, all of a sudden, BAM. The room is almost cleared out. 

I even had the strange urge to clean out underneath my sink in the master bathroom and got rid of a lot of stuff that I never knew was there. I also found a spare pair of contacts (SCORE!!)

• Loading the player...
  • Me too!  Everything not nailed down might end up being thrown away! lol.  I want to get the whole house organized before this baby comes.
    imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelindsayluong12:
    Me too!  Everything not nailed down might end up being thrown away! lol.  I want to get the whole house organized before this baby comes.

Haha I'm at this point too Lindsay!

I try to clear out/set up a little bit each week in hopes that the majority of it will be done by the time I head back to work in Sept.

• Good work! I wish we could do something with DS's room to get it ready, but we've only just moved him out of the crib, so want to wait a few months before setting it up again. (They'll share eventually.) But I'm jealous. :) I really want to get everything in place and get a new chest of drawers for DD's clothes - just need to bide my time.

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • I almost posted about nesting hitting yesterday. It rocks! I went through 7 boxes of baby stuff from my little boy's babyhood, condensed down to three and picked out all the onesies and things that were gender neutral to use for this baby. Now I'm washing all the baby stuff. Plus I'm baking-building-sculpting my son's three layer heart shaped cake for his birthday tomorrow, I washed all bedding in the house, and cleaned the yard/pool for the party tomorrow. Also and somewhat disturbingly I tried to fix my washing machine, but failed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"