Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Why do you like the Ergo?

So I bought a sling but think its ok.  How many of you like the ERGO and do you use it now with abby being so little?  I would like to get one and I know about of you ladies like the Ergo vs the Bjorn.  Please tell me why you like the Ergo better.  TIA

Which Ergo to purchase?

1. ERGObaby Carrier - SPORTY

2. ERGObaby Carrier - ORGANIC

3. ERGObaby Carrier Origianl

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Why do you like the Ergo?

• mopsiemopsie member
    I just got back from my first walk with the Ergo... I liked it!  DD put up with being placed in the newborn insert really well and she fell asleep on our walk.  I needed DH's help to get it on, but I think with practice I could do it myself.  I usually use the moby and I think I still find it easier and more versatile (I can put DD in the cradle hold when she's fussy or in the hug hold when she's alert).  We have the Ergo Sport and DH actually wore her on the way home today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BFab11BFab11 member
    I have the classic Ergo, we put LO in with his legs in froggy position. It's comfortable for long periods of time, and LO falls asleep every time.
  • Loading the player...
  • omg...i LOVE the ergo. LOVE LOVE LOVE. and i will say this: it was the single BEST purchase i ever made for my daughter. it is the only thing that will calm her when she is hysterical. i too wanted a sling originally, and tried the moby, then the baby k-tan. i for the life of me couldn't figure them out, and hated them. i returned them both, and bought the ergo. the first time i put her in it, she stopped crying immediately. however, the big tip is that you have to buy the newborn insert. it's another $40, but it is necessary if you have an infant. my daughter is six weeks old now, and she loves the heart-to-heart feeling of it. i got the black sport carrier.
  • I loved it from 4 months on. My 2.5 year old can still sit comfortably in it. I have a bad back, but this carrier distributes weight so well. I'm debating getting the upgraded infant insert. I have the old style one and do not like it. I have a Moby, But I'm a little impatient to wrap it each time and I can't leave it on between wearings bc it makes me feel hot and claustrophobic. But the Ergo is a breeze to put on. I have mastered throwing older baby into a back carry all by myself.
  • LOVE our ergo!  DD prefers it over Moby.  We use infant heart to heart insert.  she loves to look around & see people, trees, etc.  she falls asleep in it almost every time.  i use it when i run errands, take her on walks, etc- daily for sure.

edit:  Bjorn places stress on LOs developing bones which is no good.  ergo lasts to 40 lbs, whereas bjorn only lasts to 22 lbs.  ergo can be used on your back when lo is a bit older.  we have the classic ergo. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • We love our original ergo carrier.  We used the infant insert (heart to heart version) until baby was about 3.5 months old.  Without the insert he could not have used it.  After practicing about 5 times putting him in it, it because very very easy and I can do it as quickly as getting the stroller out.  He falls asleep in it and seems to be very comfortable. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"