Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Eat, Play, Sleep......or not???

So we follow the Eat, Play, Sleep cycle due to several books suggesting it for several reasons.  First some background, We've been doing this for 9 weeks.  So she's typically awake for 1.5-2 hours at a time.  She seems to average 5.5 hours of sleep at night, wake to eat, then 2 hours.  She had her days and nights mixed up pretty bad, and sometimes I feel like she still does.  She has slept 7.5 hours twice at night, in the past week. 

So anyway last night was a bad night so after I feed her this morning I was too tired to try to keep her awake (because half the time it's a "job") and so I let her sleep right after eating.  She woke up after an hour, and then stayed awake for FIVE hours!  Like wide awake and happy.  I wonder if this will make her sleep better at night?

Anyway, I'm wondering --  Did anyone try the eat, play, sleep cycle and then find out something else worked better? Just curious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Eat, Play, Sleep......or not???

• Options
    JR will be six weeks tomorrow so we're not up to 5 hours of sleep yet. He has recently started not sleeping between two of his daytime feedings. Usually the one between 7 and 9 and the one right around lunch time. If he does sleep after these feedings, it's only for 20 or 30 minutes and then he's up to feed again. He sleeps the whole time between his night time feedings and I think that's because of the fact that we swaddle him. We only do it when it's dark (I'm hoping that he gets the idea that nighttime is for sleeping) and he falls pretty much immediately asleep until the next feeding. It also allows him to go longer between the feedings (3.5-4 hours at night compared to 2-3 hours during the day.)
  • Options
    I love Eat, Play, Sleep. The whole cycle usually is about 2 hours long for us. Eat for 30 minutes, up for 45, sleep for 30-45.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only time EASY doesn't work for us is when DD is sick or after vaccinations.  Then she's more fussy and won't go fown for her naps or eat very well so for those couple days I just follow her lead more but I go back on EASY as soon as she's back to her old self...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options
    I'm doing it but sometimes DD will not sleep and be awake between feedings... She is sleeping for about 4-5 hour stretches at night these days which is helpful since daddy is out of town and I'm doing it all 24/7!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"