Trouble TTC
Options

Awesome. (long)

So I went to my OB's office today to sign a release form to have them send my medical records to the RE's office.

I walk up to the desk and tell the lady why I was there and she just looks at me. Blank stare. Crickets. 

So I tell her again, in different words. This time she says "Why do you need that? Are you moving?". I say, "Nope. Just having some trouble getting pregnant."

She says: "Oh. So you need to have your records sent to an IF clinic."

Me: "Yes."

Her: "Why didn't you just say that to start with? It would have saved us some time."

Really?!? Seriously?!? The whole time, I'm feeling super awkward anyway (with about 6 pregnant women around me and pictures of dads and their babies plastered all over the walls) and I'm thinking "Could you please, just this once, give me a break? How hard is it to be nice???".

On top of all that mess, I have cramps and I'm PMSing.

I just feel super sad tonight Sad

Kudos to you if you read this far!

Thanks for letting me vent (not that you had mmuch of a choice in the matter Wink)

Me: 26, DH: 31
dx MFI 10/10
IVF #1 10/11-11/11 BFN
IVF #2 1/12 BFP! 1st u/s It's twins!

Re: Awesome. (long)

• Options

I hate that shilt!!!!!!! WTF? Is that really necessary?

You know, I left my OB's office for something similar. They had told me to call at 1 year with no success (long time ago!). So I called and told the appointment lady my situation. So she goes, "Um yeah we can't get you in for two more months for that." So I told her that was fine. Then she goes, "Well, I can get you in two weeks sooner but it's with a guy." I told her I may as well just wait for my regular doctor with the two week variance. She goes, " You know, you can't always see a female doctor when you want. If you ever get pregnant, your doctor doesn't deliver, so you have to see a guy." And, she was a huge snotty blitch while telling me this. That was enough to throw an already emotional person over the edge! I told her I'd get my female doctor, at a new office. I never went back. 

In short (now that I just took over your post), OB's kinda suck at the sensitivity! I'm sorry about that crappy appt!

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

I'm sorry! Sometimes people can be so insensitive. I also left my OB due to some sensitivity issues. We got into one time because of a hypothetical situation, with my phantom child. He suggested if there was something wrong with it, I should abort. Oh really??? Thanks doc, considering I can't even get one here...WHY would you think I would want to ABORT this phantom baby??? He was just trying to walk me through different scenarios for when I get pregnant..however, that is not a decision he should have been bringing up/suggesting for someone having trouble!

I hope you feel better soon!

TTC #1 since April 2009 IUIs 1-3= BFN IVF 1=BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's crazy. I just think so many things can be said much more effectively, with just a bit more sensitivity in certain situations...ya know?

Ususally I would have given it right back to her (I get a little fiesty) but today I was just sad and totally didn't have the energy. 

Well, to look at the bright side of things, I know that when I am on the other side of this crazy journey, I will definitely never forget all of these feelings and I will be able to approach situations with a bit more understanding!

On another, happier note, a huge congrats on your beta!!! I can't wait to see those numbers double Wink

dx MFI 10/10
    IVF #1 10/11-11/11 BFN
  • Options
    imageChelle712:

I'm sorry! Sometimes people can be so insensitive. I also left my OB due to some sensitivity issues. We got into one time because of a hypothetical situation, with my phantom child. He suggested if there was something wrong with it, I should abort. Oh really??? Thanks doc, considering I can't even get one here...WHY would you think I would want to ABORT this phantom baby??? He was just trying to walk me through different scenarios for when I get pregnant..however, that is not a decision he should have been bringing up/suggesting for someone having trouble!

I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Smile It honestly makes me feel better just knowing I'm not alone.

You are totally right...that is definitely not a suggestion he should have been making to you, no matter what the situation! Issues like that are so highly personal and sensitive and it frustrates me when they are not treated as such. It's probably a good thing you found out his "true colors" (for lack of a better term) when you did!

dx MFI 10/10
    IVF #1 10/11-11/11 BFN
  • Options
    imagesr1220:

That's crazy. I just think so many things can be said much more effectively, with just a bit more sensitivity in certain situations...ya know?

Ususally I would have given it right back to her (I get a little fiesty) but today I was just sad and totally didn't have the energy. 

Well, to look at the bright side of things, I know that when I am on the other side of this crazy journey, I will definitely never forget all of these feelings and I will be able to approach situations with a bit more understanding!

On another, happier note, a huge congrats on your beta!!! I can't wait to see those numbers double Wink

Thanks- I'm still hanging here until I get some more good news. :) I agree with what you said. . . on the other side, I will def look at things differently. You just never know.

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

Grrr! I hate that she made the situation more awkward for you.

The receptionist/clerks at my GP's office are terrible! They give you attitude for everything.  When you walk into the office they make you stand at the front desk for at least 5 minutes without acknowledging you or making eye contact! I feel your pain.

Hopefully the staff at your R.E.'s office will be better.

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • Options
    STL34STL34 member
    I am so sorry.  OBs offices are hard places to go when you are having TTTC.  I was so thankful that my RE's office had me sign a form and then faxed it to my OB's office to get my OB to send them my files.  If I had similar treatment at my OB's office, I would probably be looking for a new OB.  ((hugs))

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    What was her problem?  She should be fired!!!! I'm sorry you had to go through that, you didn't deserve it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"