Parenting
Options

When did your kid(s) first smile?

I think mine were both around 3-3.5 weeks, and were full-on grinning soon after.

Just doing some comparisons to someone else's kid. :-)

AKA KnittyB*tch
DS - December 2006
DD - December 2008

imageimage

Re: When did your kid(s) first smile?

• Options
    7 weeks for a real smile.. or else that was just the first pic I got
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

5 weeks for Lucy

3 weeks for Will 

Lucy 12.18.06, Will 6.21.09 & Adeline 11.2.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kate: 9 w Ben: 4 w
  • Options

H- 6 weeks

N-8 weeks 

J-5 weeks, he laughed early too (2 months) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

boy, they're 18 months (almost) and 3 years...Im still waiting for that first smile...

just kidding! It happened sometime when they were babies.

• Options
    We have a pic of my first DD smiling in the hospital a couple of days after she was born.  It is the cutest pic.  The others...around 3-5 weeks.  I couldn't wait for the real belly laughs.
  • Options
    We had lots of sleep smiles right away, but just got our first *real* smiles the other day right before #3 was 8 weeks old.  I don't remember with the other kids!
    L 7/06 E 8/07 L 6/10 imageimageimage
  • Options
    It was just before christmas at her pedi so I think that was 2.5 weeks old almost 3 weeks. 
  • Options
    DD#1 was probably around 4 weeks.  DS was closer to 3 or earlier - kid is very social and expressive and always has been.  DD#2 didn't smile until her 2 month appt.  I was freaked out (about aspergers mostly since that and autism run in our family).  They asked me at her 2- month appt and I about cried b/c I was so upset.  She smiled (and laughed if I remember correctly) that afternoon when we got home.  She's still not a big smiler - just a more serious kid and more likely to observe and be overwhelmed than my other two social butterflies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"